The Euro at $1.55

Old April 5th, 2008, 06:43 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Hatunen

Default The Euro at $1.55

On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 20:46:41 GMT, (John
Kulp) wrote:

On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 10:55:53 -0700, Hatunen wrote:

On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 17:20:07 GMT,
(John
Kulp) wrote:

On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 10:01:31 -0700, Hatunen wrote:

On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 16:22:06 GMT,
(John
Kulp) wrote:

Yet more babble from the airhead

Yet again Kulp displays his disdain for posting anything of even
reasonable intelligence.

I've posted at least as much of it as you ever have.

I'm not into having a ****ing contest here, although apparently
you are. But I wonder how the total of your cogent posts compare
to the total of your inane responses. I have plonked Magda; I
would regret plonking you, but if your cogent posts need be
sacrificed to get rid of your inane posts, I would consider it.

Your cogent posts, which I admittedly frequently disagree with,
have misled me into into thinking you to be above the sort of
things you seem inclined to shoot off, and it's not responses to
only Magda. Indeed, you seem a bit schizophrenic in that regard.

Let me be clear. I do not like liars, distorters and the like. In my
experience, they do it because they are not called on it, which is why
I call them on it without hesitation. So that is why I will go after
them.

And it's working so well, isn't it? Stops 'em dead in their
tracks.

Unfotunately, what you call a "lie" is frequently a difference of
opinion.

There may have been one, but I can't recall a single post of
hers that added anything to any conversation being conducted. I have
no problem with a decent discussion whether someone disagrees or
agrees with me.

So, obviously, tht makes her worth all your time and effort.

That is what discussions are for. You can call it
childish or whatever and it may be, but the purpose is to point out
just what someone like her is doing.

On your apparent assumption that everyone else here is unaware of
it without your pointing it out.

Oh, dear.

*plonk*

Old April 5th, 2008, 06:45 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Hatunen

On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 12:16:18 -0700,
"EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote:

erilar wrote:
In article ,
"Tim C." wrote:

On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 13:44:47 +0200, Magda wrote:

On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 13:37:09 +0200, in rec.travel.europe, "Tim C."
arranged some electrons, so they looked like
this:

... On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 13:24:13 +0200, Martin wrote:
... Welsh = sheep lovers?
... There's nothing wrong with sheep, boyo!

I find them delicious.
Good point. Actually lamb is quite difficult - not impossible - to get over
here :-( It's normally pre-marinated for barbecues. It's all pork.

I find it in the specialty section of my supermarket meat section, but
it's really expensive 8-(

Actually, Trader Joe's markets in the U.S. usually have lamb available
(although much of it is imported frozen from Australia).

Costco also usually has one or several cuts of lamb available.

Old April 5th, 2008, 06:47 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Hatunen

On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 08:11:24 +0200, Alfred Molon
wrote:

In article , Mxsmanic
says...
Alfred Molon writes:

Speaking about the dollar, why is it so that the digital cameras costs
in Germany the same amount in Euro as the amount in dollars in the US?
That's over 50% more.

You've answered your own question: because it's over 50% more.

No, at the moment manufacturers are charging 50% more in Europe, for no
apparent reason. They must be thinking Europeans are stupid.

Well. There's that.

Old April 5th, 2008, 08:47 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

Mxsmanic wrote:

Go Fig writes:

But its OK for the government of France to basically dictate when you
can have an annual SALE ?

French government has long been very instrusive, and French people seem to
like it that way, or at least they put up with it (perhaps they don't know any
better).

It helps them save up for a B&W telly!

--
(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate -www.davidhorne.net
(email address on website) "If people think God is interesting, the
Old April 5th, 2008, 10:11 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Dave Frightens Me[_2_]

On Fri, 04 Apr 2008 09:45:35 +0200, Magda wrote:

On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 19:55:33 -0700, in rec.travel.europe, Hatunen
arranged some electrons, so they looked like this:

... On Thu, 03 Apr 2008 11:33:09 +0200, Magda
... wrote:
... On Wed, 02 Apr 2008 09:02:09 -0700, in rec.travel.europe, Hatunen
... arranged some electrons, so they looked like this:
... ...
... ... It's interesting to know that you can outdo Magda when it comes
... ... to irrelevant, meaningless posts.
... And yet you read all of my posts, each of them to the very last word. Talk about
... "interesting"...
... You talkin' to me???

See?

Touché!
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old April 5th, 2008, 11:25 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

Martin wrote:

On Sat, 5 Apr 2008 03:53:25 +0100, (David Horne, _the_
chancellor (*)) wrote:

JohnT wrote:

"David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*)" wrote in message
John Kulp wrote:

On Fri, 4 Apr 2008 08:00:43 +0100, "Mike........."
wrote:

Following up to Alfred Molon

No, at the moment manufacturers are charging 50% more in Europe, for
no
apparent reason. They must be thinking Europeans are stupid.

They are doing it because they can. There have been campaigns to
get car prices down in UK. Should we be looking at buying via web
from US? I remember Amazon has some restriction on the number of US
"issue" either
CDs
or DVDs you can buy.

That may be due to different regional coding used on them

Region coding is not an issue for users in the UK, as DVD players
reading all zones are common here. However, don't get me started on
laptops which have this idiotic region coding built in...

I have a software fix for that for laptops and can send you a copy as an
e-mail attachment if you wish.

You don't have a software fix for my laptop.

Nothing a sledge hammer couldn't fix.

Apparantly, one 'fix' is to remove the mac's drive, and replace it with
another third party one that can be firmware hacked!

The new airbook avoids this problem.... by not having a disc drive...

Old April 5th, 2008, 12:00 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

Martin wrote:

On Sat, 5 Apr 2008 11:25:24 +0100, (David Horne, _the_
chancellor (*)) wrote:

Martin wrote:

On Sat, 5 Apr 2008 03:53:25 +0100,
(David Horne, _the_
chancellor (*)) wrote:

[]
You don't have a software fix for my laptop.

Nothing a sledge hammer couldn't fix.

Apparantly, one 'fix' is to remove the mac's drive, and replace it with
another third party one that can be firmware hacked!

One fix is to use an external DVD drive that is set up for the USA.

Yes, but I'm looking for the complicated solution.

The new airbook avoids this problem.... by not having a disc drive...

Having a Gatesian PC avoids this too )

I'm interested in the airbook ditching the optical drive... done for
obvious reasons in this case, but I wonder if the optical drive will go
the way of the floppy soon? I haven't used one of the latter for almost
a decade now...