Favorite Meal onboard

Old March 11th, 2009, 08:04 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Susette

Default Favorite Meal onboard

On

Weirdest meal? �They had a really unusual breakfast that was invitation only
on the FreedomOTS this past December. �The menu items were so weird, that I
asked for and got eggs Benedict instead.

--Tom

hands down correct on that one TOM never in my life have I had
anything quite like that . A salad with loads of vinegar with a Soft
boiled egg on top
Old March 11th, 2009, 08:45 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Tom K

"Susette" wrote in message
On

Weirdest meal? ?They had a really unusual breakfast that was invitation
only
on the FreedomOTS this past December. ?The menu items were so weird, that
asked for and got eggs Benedict instead.

--Tom

hands down correct on that one TOM never in my life have I had
anything quite like that . A salad with loads of vinegar with a Soft
boiled egg on top

And that salad was mostly that bitter frissee stuff (or however you spell
it)

--Tom

Old March 11th, 2009, 10:20 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
John Sisker John Sisker is offline
Banned

My most memorable dining experience on any of the cruises Deborah and I have
personally been on was the specialty dining restaurant of Palo on the Disney
Magic. Palo takes its name from the poles that line the canals of Venice.
Exclusively for adults, we were pleasantly surprised to find such elegant
dining and in an atmosphere of intimate luxury - a far cry from what one
would expect for Disney ship. Yet, in a way, we were not too surprised, for
Disney does have some very nice high-end restaurants close to home -
Downtown Disney in California to be exact, especially with Napa Rose. But, I
digress.

Of course, for Pola's at dinner, dress shirt or jackets are required for
men; a dress or pantsuit for women, as one would expect. Dinner is served on
all cruises; with Brunch on the 4-night and longer cruises, and even High
Tea, but on the longer cruises only. The food was superb... Savoring the
Northern Italian specialties amidst the warmth of candlelight and the
elegance of a true gourmet experience... and of course, an unforgettable
dessert. Make sure you try Palo's famous chocolate soufflé as we did!

Palo's cuisine can be enjoyed as appetizers or main courses. You can even
stop by the bar at Pola for a drink in the evening. Even of interest us was
the fact that the decor and food of Pola were inspired by Italy, the
birthplace of the ships of Disney Cruise Line. In fact, it is more of a
Northern Italian cuisine. Deborah had the Grilled Sea Scallops with Borlotti
Beans and Pancetta, while I had the Beef Tenderloin "Pola". For such an
occasion, we naturally shared a bottle of Champaign.

All in all, if you are ever on a Disney cruise, on both the Disney Magic and
Disney Wonder, we can't recommend Pola highly enough. Let the kids do their
thing; the evening should be yours, which believe us, will not be forgotten
soon. Yet, a restaurant such as Pola, is more than just good food in a nice
setting, much more makes for an memorable evening. There is the atmosphere,
the terrific service, the music, the attention to detail, but most of all,
and the number one thing that stands out the most to me, is I got to enjoy
all of this with the love of my life, my wife Deborah. That means more to me
than anything else.

Happy sailing...
John Sisker - SHIP-TO-SHORE CRUISE AGENCY®
(714) 536-3850 or toll-free at (800) 724-6644 & (Agency ID: 714.536.3850)
www.shiptoshorecruise.com

Old March 11th, 2009, 11:07 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
JeffH

"Susette" wrote in message

Onboard your cruises- Which meal have you had that is most memorable?
where did you have it and what was it?

While we've had many excellent meals at Chops, the most memorable happened
on the Splendour in the King and I dining room, Nov 2000.

I ordered roasted duck and didn't receive it until everyone else (table of
8) had finished theirs.

While I don't consider it to be a "big deal", it was most memorable and we
do still laugh about it from time to time.

Jeff

Old March 12th, 2009, 12:59 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Becca

My favorite meal on a cruise ship, has been at the supper clubs on
Carnival.

Becca
Old March 12th, 2009, 01:29 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Susette

On Mar 11, 6:20�pm, "John Sisker" wrote:
My most memorable dining experience on any of the cruises Deborah and I have
personally been on was the specialty dining restaurant of Palo on the Disney
Magic. Palo takes its name from the poles that line the canals of Venice.

JOhn
I know you really like Disney and I too am a DIznoid.. I know the
question I posed was thast of mowst memorble meal, and I too have ate
at Palo, but in my estimation it fell short of most the other
specialty restaurants. Tell me which other speciakty restaurants have
you ate it? just curious, and food is subjective and I think its great
that was your fave restaurant... Just curious which cruise lines /
ships you been on and do you eat at the specialty restaurants? ome
folks never eat at them as they feel they paid for a cruise and not
paying for food ( on NCL you need to pay to eat as the better food is
at the pay restaurants).Palo had a great Soufflee

on the other hand qand i should save this for another topic one of
the worst meals i had was at a specialty restaurant on Princess that
Italian one that you get samples of food EEK I did not like that one
at all....

Old March 12th, 2009, 01:30 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Susette

On Mar 11, 7:07�pm, "JeffH" wrote:
"Susette" wrote in message

Onboard your cruises- Which meal have you had that is most memorable?
where did you have it � and what was it?

While we've had many excellent meals at Chops, the most memorable happened
on the Splendour in the King and I dining room, Nov 2000.

I ordered roasted duck and didn't receive it until everyone else (table of
8) had finished theirs.

While I don't consider it to be a "big deal", it was most memorable and we
do still laugh about it from time to time.

Jeff

NOW this is funny... and very memorable so what was their answer to
your wait?
Old March 12th, 2009, 02:34 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
JeffH

"Susette" wrote in message

NOW this is funny... and very memorable so what was their answer to
your wait?

Susette,

IIRC, the head waiter informed me there were so many orders for the duck
they had to prepare more.

Every time any waiter came by with a tray of food someone at the table would
shout out "there goes Jeff's dinner". I do remember however all of us
laughing about whether they would be done with desert before I got my
dinner. The waiter patiently waited for me to finish before taking any
desert orders.

After dinner I asked the waiter if there might be a possibility that this
could happen again. With an embarrassed face he said NO SIR. I then realized
it wasn't about the duck, it was about inattention.

Crap happens and I just happened to be on the receiving end that day.

Jeff

Old March 12th, 2009, 03:01 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

There are too meals that are right up there together and I can't choose
just one.

Brunch at Palo on the Disney Magic was a wonderful experience. The
atmosphere, the food and the service were all excellent. Our waiter had
been a butler on one of the Cunard ships and switched to Disney for a
change of pace. This was six years ago, so I don't remember what we ate,
but it has left a lasting impression with me. We also had dinner at Palo
with new found friends and had a very good time, but I think the brunch
was better then the dinner.

The Crown Grill on the Emerald Princess is tied with Palo. We had eaten
at the Crown Grill on the Crown Princess, with friends and thought it
was very good. On the Emerald we ordered lobster, yes it was an extra
charge and well worth the cost. The presentation of the lobster was
fantastic and having eaten lobster up in Maine and NH many times, this
was the best lobster I have ever eaten.

These are just two favorites out of our 21 cruises so far. So many times
we had a fantastic time because of our table mates and the quality of
the food and service would not of made it better or worse.

sue
Old March 12th, 2009, 03:06 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Mullen

Susette wrote:
On Mar 11, 6:20�pm, "John Sisker" wrote:
My most memorable dining experience on any of the cruises Deborah and I have
personally been on was the specialty dining restaurant of Palo on the Disney
Magic. Palo takes its name from the poles that line the canals of Venice.

JOhn
I know you really like Disney and I too am a DIznoid.. I know the
question I posed was thast of mowst memorble meal, and I too have ate
at Palo, but in my estimation it fell short of most the other
specialty restaurants. Tell me which other speciakty restaurants have
you ate it?

Sue,
In my previous post I put brunch at Palo up there, tied with the Crown
Grill on the Emerald Princess. As I mentioned dinner was good, but not
at the top of my list. I don't know if you ever did brunch at Palo, but
that was excellent. Of course my experience with Palo was 9 years ago
and things do change.
sue - not a real Disney fan, but still loved the Magic