6 week of traveling through China - How to handle digital pictures

Old February 6th, 2005, 09:24 AM
Alfonso

Default 6 week of traveling through China - How to handle digital pictures

Right now I'm working in Beijing but hopefully will start my journey
through China in two weeks.
I already took a lot of pictures. Moving them each day to my laptop is
no problem. But what can I do during my travel not having a laptop with
me. I allready bought some more SD-Cards. If this is not enough, is it
usually possible to have my pictrues burnt to CD-Rom in Internet-Cafes?
Or will photo shops do this for me? If you do know specific places in
(north-) Yunnan and Sichuan it would be great.

Gan Bei! Alfonso
Old February 6th, 2005, 10:37 AM
Alfred Molon

In article , Alfonso says...
Right now I'm working in Beijing but hopefully will start my journey
through China in two weeks.
I already took a lot of pictures. Moving them each day to my laptop is
no problem. But what can I do during my travel not having a laptop with
me. I allready bought some more SD-Cards. If this is not enough, is it
usually possible to have my pictrues burnt to CD-Rom in Internet-Cafes?
Or will photo shops do this for me? If you do know specific places in
(north-) Yunnan and Sichuan it would be great.

It might be possible to have the pictures burnt from card to CD Rom, but
I didn't notice any such places in Yunnan (although in Yangshuo there
were plenty of places offering that service). Your other option would be
to get one of those devices with a HDD and a card reader, which can
store the images on the HDD. They come with HDDs in different sizes (up
to 80GB, or you can even put in your own HDD) and that's usually enough
for most trips.
--

Alfred Molon

http://www.molon.de/Galleries.htm - Photos from China, Myanmar, Brunei,
Malaysia, Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Nepal, Egypt, Germany, Austria,
Prague, Budapest, Singapore and Portugal