Hotel at or near Athens airport

Old May 20th, 2007, 04:43 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Alfred Molon[_4_]

Default Hotel at or near Athens airport

Can anybody recommend a hotel at or near Athens airport?
--

Alfred Molon
Old May 20th, 2007, 04:47 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Alfred Molon[_4_]

In article ,
says...
Can anybody recommend a hotel at or near Athens airport?

Forgot to add that we'll only spend the night there, so it doesn't have
to be a luxury hotel. Cheaper would be better.
--

Alfred Molon
Old May 20th, 2007, 07:19 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Poetic Justice

Alfred*Molon wrote:

Can anybody recommend a hotel at or
near Athens airport?

No personal experience but try online searches for hotels in the nearby
seaport of Rafina.

venere.com shows 5 hotels but only 1 with online booking.
It's a 4* hotel and a double in mid-June was €100 www.hotelavra.gr .

The other hotels are 1*-3* but I would do a google search to see if
they have a website or perhaps another online booking agency deals with
them.

A long time ago when I lived just north of Rafina that was *the* place
to go for the seafood restaurants.
Regards, Walter

...And Paradise Was Lost...like teardrops in the rain...

Old May 20th, 2007, 09:13 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Rog'

"Alfred Molon" wrote:
Can anybody recommend a hotel at or near Athens airport?

He may not be the final word, but I'll quote Barrett's Athens
Guide at
www.greektravel.com for you: "For now there are no
cheap hotels near the airport though there is a big Sofitel that is
actually at the airport and a Holiday Inn nearby, but they are
pretty expensive. With the money you spend there you could
stay downtown, have a nice dinner in a fancy restaurant and
take a taxi to the airport in the morning. The Hotel Armonia on
the beach at Vouliagmeni is probably the closest nice hotel and
is only half an hour away.

Old May 21st, 2007, 09:59 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
thanos

Alfred, see Matt Barrett's site http://www.athensguide.com/airport.html
where you may get a lot of info, or you may place your questions in
''alt.travel.greece'' newsgroup where you will get answers from people that
have vist greece.
thanos