7 Hours in Seoul

Old January 31st, 2005, 03:37 AM
JRamsey

Default 7 Hours in Seoul

I will have a 7 hour layover in Seoul. Any
chance there is a luggage locker (roomy enough
for 1 carry on) and time enough to visit
something in that short a time, or am I kidding
myself?

Thanks.
Old January 31st, 2005, 04:05 AM
new22003

There are free luggage lockers at Incheon I think all you have to do is
get a key from the info desk. There is also a transit lounge which has
places comfortable enough to sleep if you wanted some rest. There were
even a few courches that you can sleep on. They also have a transit
hotel which is fairly cheap and rather nice. I have had stopovers like
your there and always chose to sleep as it was half way between my
destination and I cant sleep well on planes. So I couldnt advise you if
it would be enough time to do something.

--
new22003
new22003's Profile: http://travelforums.org/forums/member.php?userid=634

Old January 31st, 2005, 04:48 AM
Bob Myers

"JRamsey" wrote in message
I will have a 7 hour layover in Seoul. Any
chance there is a luggage locker (roomy enough
for 1 carry on) and time enough to visit
something in that short a time, or am I kidding
myself?

7 hours really doesn't give you enough time to drop your
luggage somewhere, get into Seoul, see much of anything,
and get back in time to get back through immigration, etc.,
and board your next flight. It's a good hour to/from the
airport, given the time it would take to catch the next
bus or whatever, and you'll want to get back about 2
hours before departure - and figure you're not going to
be able to even start looking for a bus or taxi into town
for a good half-hour after your scheduled arrival, and
now you've got MAYBE 2 hours to actually do anything.
And that's figuring that everything works out pretty much
OK. I'm sorry, but I think you'll just get to enjoy the
airport for a while. Incheon is a nice airport, at least.

Bob M.

Old January 31st, 2005, 02:22 PM

There's nothing to visit in Seoul anyway. Bring a good book or a
laptop.

Old January 31st, 2005, 04:14 PM
Bob Myers

wrote in message
oups.com...
There's nothing to visit in Seoul anyway. Bring a good book or a
laptop.

I certainly wouldn't say THAT - there's actually quite a good
selection of places to visit and things to do in Seoul; I wouldn't
rate it as high on that scale as, say, Shanghai or Kyoto, but
I'll be there for a week in a couple of months and I don't expect
to be bored (and this is probably my 15th visit or so there). You
just can't do much with a 7 hour layover at Incheon.

Bob M.

Old February 1st, 2005, 01:55 AM
JRamsey

JRamsey wrote:
I will have a 7 hour layover in Seoul. Any
chance there is a luggage locker (roomy enough
for 1 carry on) and time enough to visit
something in that short a time, or am I kidding
myself?

Thanks.

Thanks to for the info. I was fairly certain that
7 hours was not enough time but was hopefull
anyway. I'm on my way now.
Thanks again.