Balcony Question

Old July 5th, 2004, 05:55 PM
Don & Lynn

Default Balcony Question

I have read here with great interest discussions regarding tipping and cabin
preferences.. We are booked on the Regal Princess on Oct 31. It is a
13-night transition cruise from Montreal to Ft Lauderdale, with stops at
some great ports along the Atlantic coast. We have an outside cabin and I
noticed on Travelocity that outside cabins start at 1398 and balconies at
$2845. That is a difference of $2894 (for two) or $223 per night. I realize
the Regal probably doesn't have many balconies, but I wonder if the people
who feel so strongly about balconies would pay such a big difference. I also
wonder if the people who are concerned about tipping being high could not
get a balcony and the tips would be more than taken care of.
Smooth Sailing,
Don

Old July 6th, 2004, 03:37 AM
HoTShoT

FYI I was unable to find any web site or online service that had better
prices than the local travel agent. I asked for the specials, etc from the
fax and saved BIG!

Old July 6th, 2004, 10:56 AM
BTC/TAK on ACK

FYI I was unable to find any web site or online service that had better
prices than the local travel agent.

I have always found my local travel agent gets the lowest rate, or so close
that it's not worth going to the trouble of not having the agent book my
travel.

Old July 6th, 2004, 01:54 PM
Bob G.

On Mon, 5 Jul 2004 09:55:13 -0700, "Don & Lynn"
wrote:

I have read here with great interest discussions regarding tipping and cabin
preferences.. We are booked on the Regal Princess on Oct 31. It is a
13-night transition cruise from Montreal to Ft Lauderdale, with stops at
some great ports along the Atlantic coast. We have an outside cabin and I
noticed on Travelocity that outside cabins start at 1398 and balconies at
$2845. That is a difference of $2894 (for two) or $223 per night. I realize
the Regal probably doesn't have many balconies, but I wonder if the people
who feel so strongly about balconies would pay such a big difference. I also
wonder if the people who are concerned about tipping being high could not
get a balcony and the tips would be more than taken care of.
Smooth Sailing,
Don

=====================
Personally I like Balconies BUT almost never book one...I just can not
justify the extra money ... and I am not cheap....

Bob Griffiths

Old July 6th, 2004, 05:16 PM
BTC/TAK on ACK

... I also wonder if the people who are concerned about tipping being high
could not get a balcony and the tips would be more than taken care of.

Perhaps I'm missing an obvious point, but I don't understand how one's
taking a balcony would result in tips being "more than taken care of".

Old July 6th, 2004, 08:45 PM
Don & Lynn

I didn't make myself clear. If you are concerned about the size of the
tips, simply book a lesser cabin and the difference in prices will pay for
the tips, and some times the excursions, etc., etc. Lynn and I love
balconies, but we don't book them because the less we spend the more we
cruise.

Regards,
Don

Old July 6th, 2004, 09:44 PM
BTC/TAK on ACK

... Lynn and I love balconies, but we don't book them because the less we
spend the more we cruise.

Oh... now I get it! I do pretty much the same... though I occasionally
splurge on a balcony if it's not too out of the question... and I've loved
it, of course [who wouldn't ?] when I've been upgraded to a balconied cabin.
As I've said here before, I'm not above taking an inside cabin [especially
on a winter crossing, when it's actually my preference], and spending the
"savings" otherwise.