Club Med Cancun Questions

Old April 21st, 2005, 01:17 AM

Default Club Med Cancun Questions

Just booked a trip w/ my wife for the week of June 5.
Does anyone know what the Garden Rooms are like, and exactly where they
are on the property? Does CM accomodate you if you want a different
room, kingsize bed, etc.?

Thanks,
George from New York
Old April 22nd, 2005, 01:01 AM
Mike H

At Club Med Cancun "Garden Room" means that you will not
have an ocean view (that's extra cost) and will probably be on
the first floor. There are buildings spread around the property
so this is not enough to tell which building or area you will end
up in. In general, you can request specific buildings and will
probably (not definitely) get your request. (We generally
request the Opera building in order to be closer to sailing and
windsurfing.) Most rooms with two beds can be rearranged and
the beds shoved together and made as one (with a support strip
down the middle). Or you can ask to be moved to a room with
a King. Not all such requests can be accommodated, depends on what
is available. I'd suggest you ask your TA to FAX the Club about a
week before your arrival requesting a room with a king bed and
specific building or area, if you know... These are usually
(but not always) honored.

Mike

Old April 22nd, 2005, 09:19 PM

I recently read a trip report from April 04 that said they had
requested, in order of priority:

1: A room with a king/large bed, 2: a room in the La Opera building
(close to sailing and windsurfing area), and 3: a room on the 2nd or
3rd floor.

Perhaps this was you. In anycase we will try for something similar,
and with a good working a/c.

Thanks for your help.

George

Old April 23rd, 2005, 04:07 PM
Mike H

Yes, that sounds like one of my reports...

My experience with the Cancun Club Med AC units is that they
will cool the room reasonably well, but not really make it
'chilly'... This is a very damp/humid climate and the
A/C units are working pretty hard to cool and dehumidify.
If you're looking for 68-70 degrees in your room, you may be
disappointed. If 72 - 275 is OK, you'll be fine. Of course, there
is a lot of room to room variation to that very general
statement.

Mike