Rarotonga & Cook Islands - Cyclone Damage?

Old April 4th, 2005, 07:20 AM
Simon DOLBY

Default Rarotonga & Cook Islands - Cyclone Damage?

We are planning a trip to both Rarotonga and Aitutaki in October of this
year.

I have been trying to book accommodation on Rarotonga, and very few hotels
are responding to my e-mails, and those that do, have warned me that their
beaches are "under repair", and that some of the properties are also being
repaired.

I am aware that a number of cyclones ripped through this area recently -
does anyone know the extent of the damage? Will 5 months be sufficient for
islanders to get back on their feet again?

Any suggestions & recommendations about where to stay would be most welcome.

Many thanks,

Simon Dolby
England.