Hotline for rental cars.

Old March 3rd, 2004, 02:00 AM
Michael Graham

Default Hotline for rental cars.

Hi all

On the advice of someone from rec.travel.cruises I have decided to
rent a car in Anchorage before our Alaska cruise. Did a search of
Orbitz and found what I thought to be a list of good rates (of course
some looked better than others). While there I came across a link for
Hotwire and thought I would check it out. In the past I have found
them to provide airfares that were not, as good as sites such as
united.com or Orbitz. Well, after looking at their rates for rental
cars I am thinking that I should act fast and book a car with them. I
say this, as their rates are 50% or off of what Orbitz is providing.
Anyone have any thoughts good or bad about this company?

Thanks
M. Graham
Old March 3rd, 2004, 04:56 AM
Mike Cordelli

Get the price on Hotwire. Then go to Price and bid something less and see
if it's accepted. Hotwire gives you a place to start.

The only issue I've ever had with them is sometimes the rental agency
charges you for the car and Hotwire (or Priceline) has already charged you
for the car. One rental agency, in particular, does it all the time. It's
a couple of telephone calls to get it fixed, but just something to watch out
for.

They both use the majors either in the airport or a shuttle ride away, the
only thing is make sure you are getting a good rate, check all the major's
rental sites, sometimes they undercut Hotwire or even priceline by $10 a
day. Other times they don't.

om...

Old March 3rd, 2004, 06:50 PM
Robert Cowen

Michael:

Before making a bid at Priceline or Hotwire, do your homework/research at
www.BiddingForTravel.com. However, there may not be much bid history for
Anchorage.

Bob
www.InternetTravelTips.com

Old March 3rd, 2004, 07:02 PM
mtravelkay

Robert Cowen wrote:
Michael:

Before making a bid at Priceline or Hotwire, do your homework/research at
www.BiddingForTravel.com. However, there may not be much bid history for
Anchorage.

It should be noted that the posts to biddingforttravel may be deleted if
the site owner/moderator doesn't believe the poster got the
hotel/car/flight for the priced he/she posted.
A couple of people have noted that here previously.