Photo ID for Ryanair EDI - DUB...

Old September 11th, 2008, 09:34 AM posted to alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.air
Tomas

Default Photo ID for Ryanair EDI - DUB...

Hi,
I'm flying EDI - DUB tommorow morning, unfortuantly my passport is in
Cornwall. I'm aware that a photo driving licence is sufficient, but
looking at Ryanairs website, it looks like I'm unable to checkin
online, which means getting to EDI 1/2 an hour earlier than the
ungodly hour I have to arrive anyway.
Now I know my passport number, is there anything to stop me checking
online with this, or will I be pulled up at the gate for not having my
passport with me?
Anyones experience would be most welcome. I am a British Citizen.
TIA & kind regards
Tom

PS. Does anybody know this weeks code for the flybe lounge?
Old September 15th, 2008, 11:46 PM posted to alt.travel.uk.air,rec.travel.air
Traveller[_9_]

"Tomas" wrote in message
Hi,
I'm flying EDI - DUB tommorow morning, unfortuantly my passport is in
Cornwall. I'm aware that a photo driving licence is sufficient, but
looking at Ryanairs website, it looks like I'm unable to checkin
online, which means getting to EDI 1/2 an hour earlier than the
ungodly hour I have to arrive anyway.
Now I know my passport number, is there anything to stop me checking
online with this, or will I be pulled up at the gate for not having my
passport with me?
Anyones experience would be most welcome. I am a British Citizen.

Tomas: Too late I know, but I hope you either got hold of your passport or
checked in at the airport. FR are fanatical about this kind of thing - I
did get bounced off an FR flight a while ago for having checked in online
with the photo DL (before they made it clear that wasn't OK). They will
look to see if the ID presented matches that checked-in-with, and if not,
you're NOT travelling - end of.

I'm afraid in cases like this there's nothing for it but to pay the airport
checkin fee and use your DL.