Recommendations for a travel health insurance

Old September 13th, 2008, 08:50 PM posted to rec.travel.air
kolea

Default Recommendations for a travel health insurance

Hi,

I'm going abroad in a week and don't know much about travel health
insurance; can anyone recommend a reputable company?

We're going to South America and New Zealand, so I'll need coverage in
both places. Total trip time: 2 months.

One company quoted $200 for that time, which sounds reasonable, but
it's the only one I looked at before I decided to try a google
group.

Thanks.
Old September 13th, 2008, 11:36 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Steve Cain

"kolea" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm going abroad in a week and don't know much about travel health
insurance; can anyone recommend a reputable company?

We're going to South America and New Zealand, so I'll need coverage in
both places. Total trip time: 2 months.

One company quoted $200 for that time, which sounds reasonable, but
it's the only one I looked at before I decided to try a google
group.

Thanks.

IMG works for me.....oops, fortunately didn't work for me. s

Old September 14th, 2008, 01:33 AM posted to rec.travel.air
louis14

"kolea" wrote in message
Hi,

I'm going abroad in a week and don't know much about travel health
insurance; can anyone recommend a reputable company?

We're going to South America and New Zealand, so I'll need coverage in
both places. Total trip time: 2 months.

One company quoted $200 for that time, which sounds reasonable, but
it's the only one I looked at before I decided to try a google
group.

Thanks.

This enquiry should be easy to answer because everybody on this group knows
instinctively which country you live in.

Old September 14th, 2008, 03:31 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Robert Neville

"Steve Cain" wrote:

I'm going abroad in a week and don't know much about travel health
insurance; can anyone recommend a reputable company?

We're going to South America and New Zealand, so I'll need coverage in
both places. Total trip time: 2 months.

One company quoted $200 for that time, which sounds reasonable, but
it's the only one I looked at before I decided to try a google
group.

Thanks.

IMG works for me.....oops, fortunately didn't work for me. s

The two major players are SOS and Medex. If you go to the US State Dept web
site, you'll see that both are listed.
Old September 14th, 2008, 07:36 AM posted to rec.travel.air
mrtravel[_2_]

louis14 wrote:

"kolea" wrote in message

Hi,

I'm going abroad in a week and don't know much about travel health
insurance; can anyone recommend a reputable company?

We're going to South America and New Zealand, so I'll need coverage in
both places. Total trip time: 2 months.

One company quoted $200 for that time, which sounds reasonable, but
it's the only one I looked at before I decided to try a google
group.

Thanks.

This enquiry should be easy to answer because everybody on this group knows
instinctively which country you live in.

My guess is he is an American in Hawaii
Old September 14th, 2008, 12:26 PM posted to rec.travel.air
louis14

"mrtravel" wrote in message ...

My guess is he is an American in Hawaii

The American bit I can understand. It's a reasonable assumption, because
it's always Americans who blithely assume that they're the only ones on
Usenet. But how can you be specific to a particular state when s/he has a
gmail address?

Old September 14th, 2008, 09:55 PM posted to rec.travel.air
mrtravel[_2_]

louis14 wrote:

"mrtravel" wrote in message ...

My guess is he is an American in Hawaii

The American bit I can understand. It's a reasonable assumption, because
it's always Americans who blithely assume that they're the only ones on
Usenet. But how can you be specific to a particular state when s/he has a
gmail address?

Not just Hawaii, but Kauai

Old September 15th, 2008, 07:30 AM posted to rec.travel.air
mrtravel[_2_]

mrtravel wrote:
louis14 wrote:

"mrtravel" wrote in message ...

My guess is he is an American in Hawaii

The American bit I can understand. It's a reasonable assumption,
because it's always Americans who blithely assume that they're the
only ones on Usenet. But how can you be specific to a particular state
when s/he has a gmail address?

Not just Hawaii, but Kauai

He posted from 166.122.52.170, which nslookup shows as

kauai-166-122-52-170.kauai.hawaii.edu