Indianapolis

Old June 4th, 2007, 08:19 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
TammyM[_2_]

Default Indianapolis

I'm going there on business tomorrow. Will be there through Saturday, June
9. Any particular places I should see in the area? Good eats
recommendations?

TammyM

Old June 4th, 2007, 11:59 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
sechumlib

On 2007-06-04 15:19:24 -0400, "TammyM" said:

I'm going there on business tomorrow. Will be there through Saturday, June
9. Any particular places I should see in the area? Good eats
recommendations?

All's I can tell you is that according to Ogden Nash, if your social
life is hapless it may because your parents came from Indianapless.

Old June 5th, 2007, 05:32 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
[email protected]

I'm going there on business tomorrow.
Will be there through Saturday, June 9.
Any particular places I should see in the area?

You can find lots of visitor info at www.indy.org. My personal
suggestions would include the following (and they are all described at
indy.org):

- The Indianapolis Motor Speedway (where they hold the Indy 500). They
have an interesting museum, and bus tours around the track (if it's
not being used for practice). Located on the north-west side of town
in the suburb of Speedway.

- Indianpolis Zoo -- Located a couple miles from downtown

- Conner Prairie Living History Museum -- very nice outdoor
recreations of early American village, farm, American Indian camps,
etc. Located about 5 miles north of the outerbelt (I-465) in the town
of Fishers.

- Museum of Art -- Located on the north-west side of town

- Monument Circle -- downtown

- Canal Walk -- very pleasant walk along a nicely-landscaped canal,
with fountains, boat rides, etc; nice place for photographs -- located
downtown

Check out the website I mentioned for many other ideas.

James