Fast Food alternatives on/near main Canadian highways

Old June 5th, 2007, 04:26 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
sechumlib

Default Fast Food alternatives on/near main Canadian highways

On 2007-06-05 08:50:22 -0400, "sharx35" said:

BOTH your suggestions involved VEGETARIAN restaurants.

And that makes me a doctrinaire vegetarian, does it?

You're the one with the cant: "people who like more than one vegetarian
restaurant must be doctrinaire vegetarians".

As a matter of fact, I'm a considerably active carnivore. But I
recognize a good restaurant when I experience one, and I'm willing to
experience different types. Not a stuck-in-the-mud McDonald's addict,
like you.

Old June 5th, 2007, 04:29 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
sharx35

"Skookum" wrote in message
oups.com...
On Jun 5, 6:20 am, "sharx35" wrote:
"Alan S" wrote in message

On Tue, 05 Jun 2007 12:50:22 GMT, "sharx35"

.. .

. ..
On 2007-06-03 12:08:40 -0400, Skookum said:

So what's out there, just out off the radar screen that travellers
should really try?

I'm not sure it really fits your description, but I've been very
impressed
by Le Commensal, a chain of vegetarian buffets, mostly in the
Montreal
area. The only one I've visited is in Greenfield Park, on the south
side
of the St. Lawrence. Really good food!

The human body is NOT designed to be fuelled by only vegetables. It
is
designed for a combo of vegetables AND MEATS.

Oh, here YOU come again.

Did I express an ideological cant? Did anyone besides YOU see it?

My posting identified what I consider to be a good restaurant. If you
disagree, please say so - respectfully. If you can't do that, shut
up.

BOTH your suggestions involved VEGETARIAN restaurants. THAT is cant, no
matter what YOU call it. NO doubt YOUR opinions are well-held and
reasonable
whilst those of others are.....mere cant. I hold for the reverse.

I thought he suggested good restaurants, in his opinion,
which happened to be vegetarian. I ate tonight in an
excellent Indian restaurant; I would recommend it to anyone.
In your illogical mind does that make me an Indian?

On that basis, next week I'm likely to be a Thai.

EVERY week, though, you are a dipstick.

Cheers, Alan, Australia
--
http://loraltravel.blogspot.com/
latest: Slovenia

Thanks for the comments so far except the now, alas, inevitable pain
in the butt that always jumps at any chance to hijack threads with
their own tangential tripe (and tangential tripe is not a great
roadfood). I am referring, of course, to Sharx35 who has posted more
than anyone on the thread here, and yet despite his strong personal
food preferences, has said nothing to the subject of my post. Many
thanks to sechumlib for the nice alternatives to meat and potatoes.

Last time I checked POTATOES were still VEGETABLES.

The rest of us "get it."

Keep 'em coming, eh?

Old June 5th, 2007, 05:12 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
Frank F. Matthews

sharx35 wrote:

On 2007-06-03 12:08:40 -0400, Skookum said:

So what's out there, just out off the radar screen that travellers
should really try?

I'm not sure it really fits your description, but I've been very impressed
by Le Commensal, a chain of vegetarian buffets, mostly in the Montreal
area. The only one I've visited is in Greenfield Park, on the south side
of the St. Lawrence. Really good food!

The human body is NOT designed to be fuelled by only vegetables. It is
designed for a combo of vegetables AND MEATS.

If you believe in a designer.

Old June 5th, 2007, 05:12 PM posted to rec.travel.usa-canada
J. Clarke[_2_]

On 2007-06-03 12:08:40 -0400, Skookum said:

[...]

Or maybe he's just found that those particular restaurants serve tasty
meals?

Have you eaten at those particular restaurants? If so then please give
us a review. If not then on what other than cant are you basing your
opinion?

--John
to email, dial "usenet" and validate
(was jclarke at eye bee em dot net)