Kenya/Nairobi

Old April 25th, 2007, 07:43 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Hans-Georg Michna

Default Kenya/Nairobi

On 23 Apr 2007 01:48:57 -0700, Africatraveler wrote:

Otherwise I agree that Nairobi National Park is the most
interesting thing to see in Nairobi. It takes a full day to do
one round trip in it.

I have been to Nairobi National Park and from what i observed the
animals come out to graze in the
evening starting at around 4.00pm. We went round the park most of the
afternoon and its only after
5.00pm that we started seeing a lot of the animals. So you might want
to arrange your itinerary in such a
way that you enter the park at around 4pm

Gerald,

sorry, but that is utter nonsense.

Hans-Georg

--
No mail, please.
Old April 25th, 2007, 10:10 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Pat Anderson

In message , Hans-Georg
Michna writes
On 23 Apr 2007 01:48:57 -0700, Africatraveler wrote:

Otherwise I agree that Nairobi National Park is the most
interesting thing to see in Nairobi. It takes a full day to do
one round trip in it.

I have been to Nairobi National Park and from what i observed the
animals come out to graze in the
evening starting at around 4.00pm. We went round the park most of the
afternoon and its only after
5.00pm that we started seeing a lot of the animals. So you might want
to arrange your itinerary in such a
way that you enter the park at around 4pm

Gerald,

sorry, but that is utter nonsense.

Hans-Georg

I would agree with that!
Hans Georg,
will you be going on your annual safari soon?
Pat.
--
Pat Anderson
Old April 26th, 2007, 10:14 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Liz Leyden

In message
Pat Anderson wrote:

In message , Hans-Georg
Michna writes
On 23 Apr 2007 01:48:57 -0700, Africatraveler wrote:

Otherwise I agree that Nairobi National Park is the most
interesting thing to see in Nairobi. It takes a full day to do
one round trip in it.

I have been to Nairobi National Park and from what i observed the
animals come out to graze in the evening starting at around 4.00pm. We
went round the park most of the afternoon and its only after
5.00pm that we started seeing a lot of the animals. So you might want
to arrange your itinerary in such a way that you enter the park at around 4pm

Gerald,

sorry, but that is utter nonsense.

Hans-Georg

I would agree with that!

Me3!!
I was trying to work out where the 'in' that the animals were that
they came 'out' from!
Obviously, it's just luck what's where when you're there. There's a
mini-migration of wildebeest between Amboseli and NNP.

Slainte

Liz

--
http://www.v-liz.com - Kenya; Tanzania; Namibia; India; Galapagos
Photo Gallery:

Old April 27th, 2007, 12:44 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Hans-Georg Michna

On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 22:10:39 +0100, Pat Anderson wrote:

will you be going on your annual safari soon?

Yes. Have a look at http://www.michna.com/kenya2007/ for the
details and later for the travel report.

Hans-Georg

--
No mail, please.
Old April 27th, 2007, 10:22 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Pat Anderson

In message , Hans-Georg
Michna writes
On Wed, 25 Apr 2007 22:10:39 +0100, Pat Anderson wrote:

will you be going on your annual safari soon?

Yes. Have a look at http://www.michna.com/kenya2007/ for the
details and later for the travel report.

Hans-Georg

I will do so Hans Georg, always interesting to hear about your safaris
to Kenya.
I`m trying to get Andy to go with me to Kenya, perhaps in August,
ashamed to say we haven`t been since 1999, still keep in touch daily
though with news and people we know.
Pat.
--
Pat Anderson
Old April 27th, 2007, 10:25 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Pat Anderson

In message , Liz Leyden
writes
In message
Pat Anderson wrote:

In message , Hans-Georg
Michna writes
[...]

Liz,
good to see you still here, did you get my mail to you in the New Year,
just to wish you a great 2007?
Pat.
--
Pat Anderson
Old April 28th, 2007, 10:05 AM posted to rec.travel.africa
Liz Leyden

In message
Pat Anderson wrote:

Liz,
good to see you still here, did you get my mail to you in the New Year,
just to wish you a great 2007?
Pat.

I don't think so, and if I didn't reply, it's unlikely!
I'm always here but don't always have anything useful to contribute!
Good luck with the Kenya trip.
What is it with husbands? :-(

Slainte

Liz

Old April 28th, 2007, 06:07 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Pat Anderson

In message , Liz Leyden
writes
In message
Pat Anderson wrote:

Liz,
good to see you still here, did you get my mail to you in the New Year,
just to wish you a great 2007?
Pat.

I don't think so, and if I didn't reply, it's unlikely!
I'm always here but don't always have anything useful to contribute!
Good luck with the Kenya trip.
What is it with husbands? :-(

Slainte

Liz

Liz,
just wanted to keep in touch, nothing special. Perhaps the email address
I used wasn`t correct, hakuna matata! As for husbands, I don`t know
the answer, well as for Kenya, Andy say`s it`s changed but I don`t
agree, it was a big part of our lives for twenty years and for me
still is, I think we will go in August, watch this space! What about
you and D, will you be away this year?
Best wishes,
Pat,
Looking forward to Hans Georg`s report on his safari.
--
Pat Anderson
Old April 28th, 2007, 07:11 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Liz Leyden

In message
Pat Anderson wrote:

Liz,
just wanted to keep in touch, nothing special. Perhaps the email address
I used wasn`t correct, hakuna matata! As for husbands, I don`t know
the answer, well as for Kenya, Andy say`s it`s changed but I don`t
agree, it was a big part of our lives for twenty years and for me
still is, I think we will go in August, watch this space! What about
you and D, will you be away this year?

I'm going to Uganda on a group trip, hoping especially to
see/photograph Shoebill, Gorillas and Chimps.
D. is staying at home.

Looking forward to Hans Georg`s report on his safari.

Oh yes, always *very* interesting. :-)

Slainte

Liz

Old April 29th, 2007, 09:58 AM posted to rec.travel.africa
Pat Anderson

In message , Liz Leyden
writes
In message
Pat Anderson wrote:

Liz,
just wanted to keep in touch, nothing special. Perhaps the email address
I used wasn`t correct, hakuna matata! As for husbands, I don`t know
the answer, well as for Kenya, Andy say`s it`s changed but I don`t
agree, it was a big part of our lives for twenty years and for me
still is, I think we will go in August, watch this space! What about
you and D, will you be away this year?

I'm going to Uganda on a group trip, hoping especially to
see/photograph Shoebill, Gorillas and Chimps.
D. is staying at home.

Looking forward to Hans Georg`s report on his safari.

Oh yes, always *very* interesting. :-)

Slainte

Liz

Liz,
that sounds like a wonderful safari! Again, I look forward to your trip
report and photos when you get them up on the site, gorillas, what an
experience that will be!
Pat.
--
Pat Anderson