Kenya..is it safe?

Old February 17th, 2008, 04:14 AM posted to rec.travel.africa
the_niner_nation[_2_]

Default Kenya..is it safe?

"Dave Heil" wrote in message
the_niner_nation wrote:
I think anyone just wanting to go on a paradise tropical holiday to
Kenya at this time Should seek another destination until the KNY
situation has completely been sorted. And I truly believe it will be a
few years until things get back to nornmal. If not a decade.

Anyway I wish you all the very best if you decide to risk a trip and
Good Luck - You will need it.

Regards

Mbanbo

Mbanbo..

you have convinced me not to vacation in Kenya this year...and I am not
utterly dissapointed that my vacation plans have been altered, but
devestated that there are 2 grown African men in Kenya whose arrogance is
causing something that could lead to a massacre and abuse of humanity
that a civilised world in the 21st century should never expereince.

Two grown men? Africa is full of such men.

Personally, I am fearing for the worst in Kenya, but hoping for the
best..I wonder if this time the çivilised'west will turn their backs on
genocide like they did in Rwanda and darfur...

Why is it that the West is somehow responsible forever and ever for
Africa's political and military problems?

my bet is that where africans are killing africans, the 'civilised 'west
wont care less...and my heart is bleeding for the beautiful people of the
beautiful country of kenya.

I think those beautiful people should sit down in their beautiful country
and settle their problems in a civilized manner. They need to agree that
an election settles things in the near term. The man who is elected is in
charge until the end of his term. Of course, before that can happen,
they'll have to agree to stop the massive election fraud.

The only place in Africa where I've not observed such fraud and corruption
is the nation of Botswana.

the hypocricy of western politicians saying that 'this must never happen
again' ..is looming around the corner.

Quit blaming Western politicians for the woes of Africa. Let Africans
step up and shoulder the burden.

If you've never observed that which I've pointed out, you've never lived
in Africa.

Dave Heil

2 grown men in question are the current president and his 'opponent'..the
west has a duty to control a situation that has genocidic
consequences...clearly a concept lost on you as you seem somewhat flippiant
about human atrocities carried out elsewhere within 'Africa'. western
countries arnt the purpotrators of this conflict, and no one is saying that,
it is indigeneous leadership that is causing this conflict. the west does,
however, have the ability to step in and prevent serious loss of life in the
case of 'ethnic cleansing'..somehting you might want to read up on.

perhaps you ought to revisit english comprehension classes in addition to
your somewhat newbie attempt at contmporary politics?

I havn't observed the bull**** you mention, yet i was born in africa...

so that kinda kicks your nonsense squarley into touch, too.

Old February 19th, 2008, 04:42 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Dave Heil

the_niner_nation wrote:
"Dave Heil" wrote in message
the_niner_nation wrote:
[...]

I believe I referred to them.

the
west has a duty to control a situation that has genocidic
consequences...

The West has a duty? Why doesn't Africa have a duty? Why don't the
Tanzanians have a duty? Why not the South African?

...clearly a concept lost on you as you seem somewhat flippiant
about human atrocities carried out elsewhere within 'Africa'.

"Flippant". No, my attitude is not flippant; it was formed over a
decade of living and working in four African countries.

western
countries arnt the purpotrators of this conflict, and no one is saying that,
it is indigeneous leadership that is causing this conflict.

"Western countries" "aren't" "perpetrators" "indigenous"

Right, chum. Western countries are not the perpetrators.

the west does,
however, have the ability to step in and prevent serious loss of life in the
case of 'ethnic cleansing'..somehting you might want to read up on.

"something"

At the moment, there is no ethnic cleansing going on in Kenya. That
makes it no less dangerous for a tourist at this time.

perhaps you ought to revisit english comprehension classes in addition to
your somewhat newbie attempt at contmporary politics?

"English" "contemporary". I'm quite familiar with contemporary world
politics and contemporary African politics. I'm not a newbie. You
might want to revisit English composition and spelling.

I havn't observed the bull**** you mention, yet i was born in africa...

"haven't" "Africa".

You haven't observed so it can't possibly be true, is that about it?

so that kinda kicks your nonsense squarley into touch, too.

"So" "squarely"

It kicks it into touch? That doesn't make much sense, Niner.

It is far past the time when Africans and African nations take
responsibility for themselves. Mostly corrupt leaders, elected or
self-appointed have, for decades, siphoned Western aid money into their
European bank accounts, leaving their people to suffer. There are very
few exceptions to this.

Now, let's get to my prior statement--the ones you refer to as nonsense,
the ones you say you've never observed (though you were born in Africa).

I said:

"Two grown men? Africa is full of such men."

You've not observed it? You believe my statement to be nonsense?
Feel free to present your experiences differing from mine. Tell us
which African countries have truly representative government without
corruption.

"Why is it that the West is somehow responsible forever and ever for
Africa's political and military problems?"

Please point to the nonsense in my question.

"I think those beautiful people should sit down in their beautiful
country and settle their problems in a civilized manner. They need to
agree that an election settles things in the near term. The man who is
elected is in charge until the end of his term. Of course, before that
can happen, they'll have to agree to stop the massive election fraud."

Please point to the nonsense in my statement. What do you think should
take place? Do you not believe that these two men should sit down and
settle their differences? Do you think election fraud needs to end?

"The only place in Africa where I've not observed such fraud and
corruption is the nation of Botswana."

Please point to the nonsense in my statement. Have you been to or lived
in Botswana? Do you believe that Botswana is corrupt? Do you believe
that neighboring Zimbabwe has done a better job?

Dave Heil