Airline fees: The ultimate guide

Old June 27th, 2008, 03:23 AM posted to rec.travel.air
Ablang

Default Airline fees: The ultimate guide

Airline fees: The ultimate guide
Posted June 25, 2008 at 12:52 pm ET by SmarterTravel.com Staff
Airline fees chart (Photo: SmarterTravel.com)

http://www.smartertravel.com/blogs/t...0&u=SL4F6B4DC5

Two dollars for a soda? Ten bucks for an aisle seat? If you're
confused about which airlines are charging for which "perks," we can
help.

The editors of SmarterTravel.com, Airfarewatchdog.com, and
SeatGuru.com have teamed up to bring you this Ultimate Guide to
Airline Fees, a one-stop reference chart for every major fee from
every major domestic airline.

Best of all, you can download the chart in PDF format at no charge.
Because unlike the airlines, we don't make you pay for things that
ought to be free.

(Editor's Note: The Ultimate Guide to Airfare Fees was last updated on
June 26, 2008.)
Old June 27th, 2008, 04:55 PM posted to rec.travel.air
tim.....

"Ablang" wrote in message
Airline fees: The ultimate guide
Posted June 25, 2008 at 12:52 pm ET by SmarterTravel.com Staff
Airline fees chart (Photo: SmarterTravel.com)

http://www.smartertravel.com/blogs/t...0&u=SL4F6B4DC5

Two dollars for a soda? Ten bucks for an aisle seat? If you're
confused about which airlines are charging for which "perks," we can
help.

The editors of SmarterTravel.com, Airfarewatchdog.com, and
SeatGuru.com have teamed up to bring you this Ultimate Guide to
Airline Fees, a one-stop reference chart for every major fee from
every major domestic airline.

Best of all, you can download the chart in PDF format at no charge.
Because unlike the airlines, we don't make you pay for things that
ought to be free.

I fail to see any reason at all why a soda on a plane journey should be
free. What other similar businesses give them away?

tim

Old June 27th, 2008, 05:46 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Jim Davis[_1_]

"tim....." wrote in message

"Ablang" wrote in message
[...]

Excellent point. But we're looking "past practice", which was free sodas.
People now expect it, and it won't change without opposition.

Old June 27th, 2008, 06:52 PM posted to rec.travel.air
John Kulp

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 11:46:22 -0500, "Jim Davis"
wrote:

"tim....." wrote in message

"Ablang" wrote in message
[...]

Only Davis the Driveler would think they were free. They were bundled
into a fare that paid for them along with the trip cretin. Now, with
the fares not covering the costs, they are charged for. As usual,
went right over your tiny cerebrum.
Old June 27th, 2008, 07:22 PM posted to rec.travel.air
Charlie Burger[_2_]

wrote:

"tim....." wrote in message
"Ablang" wrote in message
[...]

For the Love of Christ man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Give it up. The group is in bad enough shape without your 10 year old
bull****.
Old June 29th, 2008, 04:29 PM posted to rec.travel.air
DaveM

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 13:22:13 -0500, Charlie Burger wrote:

For the Love of Christ man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Give it up. The group is in bad enough shape without your 10 year old
bull****.

And _thank you_ for allowing me a second opportunity to read his kill filled
post.

DaveM
Old June 30th, 2008, 04:37 AM posted to rec.travel.air
DevilsPGD

In message DaveM
wrote:

On Fri, 27 Jun 2008 13:22:13 -0500, Charlie Burger wrote:

For the Love of Christ man!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Give it up. The group is in bad enough shape without your 10 year old
bull****.

And _thank you_ for allowing me a second opportunity to read his kill filled
post.

Use the "Ignore" action rather then "Mark as Read" or "Delete", this
will not only remove offending posts, but their downstream entries too.
Old June 30th, 2008, 11:12 PM posted to rec.travel.air
DaveM

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 13:44:40 -0700, John
wrote:

What piece of **** do you have fro a news reader?

Same one you use. Only version 4.2.

Can't you just read the new material without reading the old material?

Possibly. If I put my hands over the screen and covered the quoted text up,
maybe. On the whole, though, I think I prefer DevilsPGD's suggestion of
using "Ignore" for the killfilter to cut out the subthread. Not an option
for the version 1.9 of this POS news reader, I'm afraid, so you'll have to
continue with whatever screen ignoring technique you favour.

DaveM
Old July 1st, 2008, 07:37 AM posted to rec.travel.air
DaveM

On Mon, 30 Jun 2008 17:19:06 -0700, John
wrote:

wrote:

What piece of **** do you have fro a news reader?

Same one you use. Only version 4.2.

Can't you just read the new material without reading the old material?

Possibly. If I put my hands over the screen and covered the quoted text up,
maybe. On the whole, though, I think I prefer DevilsPGD's suggestion of
using "Ignore" for the killfilter to cut out the subthread. Not an option
for the version 1.9 of this POS news reader, I'm afraid, so you'll have to
continue with whatever screen ignoring technique you favour.

Doesn't the new response appear in black ink and the old material in
light blue ink?

Yes, but it's still text. Anyway, this is a digression. The point I was
attempting to make was that you don't censure a troll by propagating his
posts.

DaveM
Old July 1st, 2008, 05:07 PM posted to rec.travel.air
SMS

Ablang wrote:

Two dollars for a soda? Ten bucks for an aisle seat? If you're
confused about which airlines are charging for which "perks," we can
help.

There's a very simple way to avoid these garbage fees, but it requires
cooperation. I first read about it many years ago. The flight attendants
carry very little change. When paying for something costing $2-5 offer a
$100 bill and insist that you have nothing smaller. The airline policy
is for them to give the the drink, etc. and tell you that they'll come
back to collect the money when they have enough change from selling to
other passengers. However if enough people use $100 bills they'll never
have enough change. I only ever tried this once, when I really only had
a $100 bill, and it worked, though I don't know if she just forgot to
come back to get the money or if she really never had enough change.