Russian President Putin Praises Performance!

Old April 3rd, 2004, 06:33 PM
Ray Goldenberg

Default Russian President Putin Praises Performance!

Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from Silversea and thought it would be
of interest. If you have missed any of my news' postings, they are
available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

SILVERSEA CRUISES’ CHAIRMAN MANFREDI LEFEBVRE AND CEO ALBERT PETER
RECOGNIZED BY RUSSIAN PRESIDENT PUTIN FOR EXCEPTIONAL PERFORMANCE

(Ft. Lauderdale, FL - April 2, 2004) Silversea Cruises today announced
its Chairman, Manfredi Lefebvre, and its Chief Executive Officer,
Albert Peter, in addition to 22 other employees, will be recognized
for exceptional performance extended last spring during Russian
President Vladimir Putin’s private charter of Silver Whisper.

In May 2003, the ultra-luxury, 382-guest ship was docked on the Neva
River for three days as it hosted world leaders from the G8 countries,
including British Prime Minister Tony Blair, French President Jacques
Chirac and German Chancellor Gerhard Schröder, who were attending
tricentennial celebrations in St. Petersburg.

On behalf of President Putin, Dimitry Skarga, President and Chief
Executive of SOVCOMFLOT, the Russian state-owned shipping fleet, will
present Silversea with the prestigious trophies, bearing the Russian
state emblem, during a special awards ceremony to be held aboard
Silversea’s flagship, Silver Cloud, in Monte Carlo on April 2nd.

“We are very gratified to receive this special recognition from
President Putin,” said Manfredi Lefebvre, Silversea’s Chairman. “We
knew that a project of this magnitude would present new challenges for
us, but we also knew our team of outstanding professionals would
ensure its success.”

“This is a very special honor for Silversea,” said Albert Peter,
Silversea’s Chief Executive Officer. “We are known for treating our
guests like royalty and heads of state, so it was a special pleasure
to actually have an entire ship’s guest list comprised of global
dignitaries. I know our staff truly went ‘above and beyond’ to
accommodate the exceptional needs of President Putin and his
distinguished roster of world leaders, and I’m very proud of their
efforts.”

Silver Whisper was hand-picked by President Putin to provide temporary
residence for select dignitaries needing presidential-class
accommodations and service. During the St. Petersburg festivities, the
ship hosted a Russian state dinner for 46 presidents and prime
ministers, plus another 46 ambassadors and ministers - arguably the
largest number of heads of state ever gathered on a cruise ship.
Months of preparation preceded the event, including on-site training
of Silversea staff at the Kremlin.

Silversea Cruises is recognized as an innovator in the luxury segment,
offering guests large-ship amenities aboard four intimate vessels,
Silver Cloud, Silver Wind, Silver Shadow, and Silver Whisper, all
designed to offer an atmosphere of conviviality and casual elegance.
For the seventh consecutive year, Silversea Cruises was named best
small-ship line in the 2002 readers’ survey conducted by Condé Nast
Traveler magazine. For the fifth time, Silversea was selected “Number
One” small-ship line in Travel + Leisure World’s Best Awards 2003.
2004 will be an exciting year as Silversea celebrates its 10th
anniversary. Look for upcoming announcements about gala events and
special programs to celebrate the line’s ten years of excellence.

For more information on Silversea Cruises, please contact a travel
agent.