Nice to Milan via cinqueterre

Old November 1st, 2005, 06:31 PM

Default Nice to Milan via cinqueterre

Is there a rail service available for this trip, with stop-over
privileges in cinqueterre?

Old November 1st, 2005, 06:50 PM
BraveNewWhirl

Gosh. That's really helpful. Thanks.

Old November 1st, 2005, 07:20 PM
Zhu De

"BraveNewWhirl" wrote in message
oups.com...
Gosh. That's really helpful. Thanks.

Let Google be your friend. Hope this is a bit more helpful

Old November 1st, 2005, 07:21 PM
Lennart Petersen

skrev i meddelandet
oups.com...
Is there a rail service available for this trip, with stop-over
privileges in cinqueterre?

You'll find plenty of trains and train connections.
For schedules try http://reiseauskunft.bahn.de/bin/query.exe/en just select
a rail station in Cinqueterre
You'll need one ticket Nice-Cinqueterre and another one to Milan but
they're inexpensive.

Old November 1st, 2005, 07:32 PM
tile

wrote:
Is there a rail service available for this trip, with stop-over
privileges in cinqueterre?

pls go to
www.trenitalia.it

NIce ist west Cinqueterre is east ( mainline NIce Genova
Genova Milano
Genova La Spezia

www.5terre.com ( IN english also )

Old November 1st, 2005, 07:49 PM
jcoulter

"BraveNewWhirl" wrote in
oups.com:

Gosh. That's really helpful. Thanks.

Didn't wnat to imply that the trip was not feasible just that it wasn't
really "on the way"

--
Joseph Coulter
Cruises and Vacations

Old November 2nd, 2005, 12:34 AM
Douglas W. Hoyt

Is there a rail service available for this trip, with stop-over
privileges in cinqueterre?

It's 5 to 7 hours from Nice to the Cinque Terre, with a change in Genoa.
One pleasant way to do it is to actually make a two-night base at Sta.
Margherita Ligure, Camogli, or Rapallo, which are not far south of Genoa.
For one thing, these are wonderful places--I would rather stay in Sta.
Margherita Ligure than the Cinque Terre--it is beautiful, casual, has great
shops and restaurants, and is not as rammed-full of North American tourists
as the Cinque Terre towns can be (though I have nothing against North
Americans--I am one; though admittedly, a night or two in Vernazza in the
Cinque Terre can be enchanting). If you stay two nights north of the
Cinque Terre, though, then the day after you arrive on your shorter journey
you can take the train from there 60 or 90 minutes down to the Cinque Terre
as a day trip, stopping at different towns, and maybe taking a cliff hike,
before heading back up to Sta. Margherita. Heading up to Milan then
usually involves a change in Genoa (3 or 4 hours), but there may be direct
trains.

As rail fares go, you simply buy individual tickets for your trips--they are
not that expensive. There is also a very cheap ticket available just for
travel between the five Cinque Terre towns.

Old November 2nd, 2005, 12:42 AM
BraveNewWhirl

Douglas W. Hoyt wrote:
Is there a rail service available for this trip, with stop-over
privileges in cinqueterre?

It's 5 to 7 hours from Nice to the Cinque Terre, with a change in Genoa.
One pleasant way to do it is to actually make a two-night base at Sta.
Margherita Ligure, Camogli, or Rapallo, which are not far south of Genoa.

Thanks to you and the other advisors.....just what I was looking for.
Cheers.

Old November 2nd, 2005, 01:36 AM
jcoulter

"BraveNewWhirl" wrote in
oups.com:

Douglas W. Hoyt wrote:
Is there a rail service available for this trip, with stop-over
privileges in cinqueterre?

It's 5 to 7 hours from Nice to the Cinque Terre, with a change in
Genoa. One pleasant way to do it is to actually make a two-night base
at Sta. Margherita Ligure, Camogli, or Rapallo, which are not far
south of Genoa.

Thanks to you and the other advisors.....just what I was looking for.
Cheers.

I would second the stop in Santa Margherita di Ligure, it is wonderful
(and near the fabled Portofino)

--
Joseph Coulter
Cruises and Vacations