Bombs in LOndon

Old July 7th, 2005, 11:49 AM
Miss L. Toe

wrote in message
oups.com...

The Reids wrote:
Following up to Martin

'Screaming and crying'

an american tourist on the spot said everybody not injured was
calm and the police were handling things calmly without shouting.
They appreciated being told to get behind a building by members
of the public because of secondary blasts, we are of course used
to it.
--
Mike Reid
Walk-eat-UK "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@ this site

spamtrap
Photos of both "http://www.lawn-mower-man.co.uk"

my guess is the world will keep on spinning

As will the politicians

Old July 7th, 2005, 11:55 AM
Albert

Multiple bombs in central London

Chirac must be really ****ed off at losing the Olympics then.

Old July 7th, 2005, 12:07 PM

The Reids wrote:
Multiple bombs in central LOndon

Latest word on transport is:
London Liverpool Street, London Kings Cross, London St Pancras, London
Marylebone, London Euston and Stratford train stations are currently
closed until further notice. The entire London Underground is also
currently closed until further notice. London Buses have suspended
services in zones 1 & 2. Docklands Light Railway have suspended some
services.

(It appears then that Victoria and Waterloo stations are still
functioning. Eurostar and Gatwick Express are confirmed operational.
Heathrow and Stansted Express of course have stopped. Some unconfirmed
reports that flights have been suspended from H'Row. Some unconfirmed
reports that trains into the city are stopping a /long/ way out, e.g.
Leicester! Some unconfirmed reports that mobile networks are down, but
this may just be saturation.)

Old July 7th, 2005, 12:12 PM
The Reids

Following up to Mark Hewitt

The bus that was blown up was a tourist tour round London bus

Crap crap crap. My sounds like a silly question but do you know which
company?

sorry, no. It was clearly red, an ex London Transport I assume,
i'll post if I see anything. Remember breaking news can be wrong.
People at first were saying roof blown off, seems had no roof, it
was wet this am, so maybe nobody on upper deck.
Old July 7th, 2005, 12:14 PM
The Reids

Following up to The Reids

sorry, no. It was clearly red, an ex London Transport I assume,
i'll post if I see anything. Remember breaking news can be wrong.
People at first were saying roof blown off, seems had no roof, it
was wet this am, so maybe nobody on upper deck.

Tavistock Square is location.

6 tube stations had bombs.
Old July 7th, 2005, 12:15 PM
The Reids

Following up to The Reids

6 tube stations had bombs.

fatalities at Kings Cross tube.
Old July 7th, 2005, 12:16 PM

Have now heard unconfirmed report that Gatwick Express has stopped
operating, also National Express bus services into the city. Bottom
line: getting into or out of London is going to be virtually impossible
for a while.

Old July 7th, 2005, 12:24 PM
a.spencer3

This series of 'as news breaking' emails from another newsgroup might
clarify to date:

Hi Steve,

best to repeat a series of newsgroup emails:

======================================

Very confused current news breaking in London media.
Entire tube system closed due to series of massive explosions - possibly due
to a 'power surge'. Tbe trains have stalled, crashed, been damaged,
certainly many wounded.
Also, reports of a double-decker bus bomb, taking the top off the bus in
Russell Square - fatalities there, apparently.
All very confused reporting currently.
Now more (unconfirmed) explosions reported.
On three buses. Plus a pillar box bomb.
Central London is locked solid.
Still no official announcements.
London mainline stations now closed.
Incoming trains being halted far out - e.g. Reading.
One bus has certainly been blown out - seen on TV.
'Terrorism' being talked about - 'maybe' etc.
Still absolutely no official announcement, which is very odd.
Ambulances & buses bringing many wounded into hospitals - but most seem
relatively minor cuts, burns, etc.
More unconfirmed reports of street explosions.
Some fatalities confirmed.
Home Secretary has confirmed some 'terrible injuries'.
Blair due to break off from G8 to give statement shortly.
But still no official statement re causes.
Central London now 'no go', All incoming road traffic being diverted away.
The Met Police has confirmed 6 explosions, 5 at varying Underground
locations, one on the bus.
Many injuries confirmed.
All London traffic blocked off, all told not to travel anywhere.
Still no causes.
Blair to talk at Noon BST
PM Blair confirms these are a series of terrorist atacks, maybe connected
with G8.
Aspects of London's new multiple terrorist attack plans becoming apparent.
Double-decker buses offloaded passengers and are being used to carry large
numbers of wounded through streets cleared of civilian traffic to hospitals.
Hotels by hospitals being used as mass 'entry wards'.
Very impressive.

Surreyman

Old July 7th, 2005, 12:29 PM
The Reids

Following up to Mark Hewitt

The bus that was blown up was a tourist tour round London bus

Crap crap crap. My sounds like a silly question but do you know which
company?

seen close picture, not open topped, no company name on side, I
conclude NOT tour bus.
Old July 7th, 2005, 12:39 PM
AA_41

News has been saying 6 explosions, but ITV just said "at least 7".