Congratulations Norway!

Old May 16th, 2009, 11:09 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tom P[_6_]

Default Congratulations Norway!

Old May 16th, 2009, 11:29 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

Tom P wrote:

I'd say congratulations all around. The show was very well done and as
Eurovision pop numbers go, a lot of great songs- and more realistic
results. But as Paddy O'Connell said in the heats earlier in the week,
Rybak is quite a bambino. Norway would have got my vote, but I'm biased.

--
(*) of the royal duchy of city south and deansgate
www.davidhorne.net (email address on website)
Old May 17th, 2009, 12:07 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Ian F.

"David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*)" wrote in message

I'd say congratulations all around. The show was very well done and as
Eurovision pop numbers go, a lot of great songs- and more realistic
results.

Agreed. The production was terrific, performances and songs were far better
than usual and the voting sorted out.

And for those watching in the UK, Graham Norton was a very creditable
replacement for El Tel.

Ian

Old May 17th, 2009, 01:51 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Tom P wrote:

I'd say congratulations all around. The show was very well done and as
Eurovision pop numbers go, a lot of great songs- and more realistic
results. But as Paddy O'Connell said in the heats earlier in the week,
Rybak is quite a bambino. Norway would have got my vote, but I'm biased.

Oh, and I imagine that the exact date of the result won't be lost on the
Norwegian media. Gratulerer med dagen!

Old May 17th, 2009, 03:59 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
poldy

In article ,
Tom P wrote:

Is it like your American Idol?

Or just happy some Eastern Europeans or the Russians didn't win it again?
Old May 17th, 2009, 08:34 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Tom P[_6_]

Tom P wrote:

I'd say congratulations all around. The show was very well done and as
Eurovision pop numbers go, a lot of great songs- and more realistic
results. But as Paddy O'Connell said in the heats earlier in the week,
Rybak is quite a bambino. Norway would have got my vote, but I'm biased.

Oh, and I imagine that the exact date of the result won't be lost on the
Norwegian media. Gratulerer med dagen!

The result certainly confounded the expectation that the chauvinistic
votes of the slav and migrant labour countries would dominate as usual.

That show item with the swimmers in the transparent plastic bowl thing
was a stroke of artistic genius.
Old May 17th, 2009, 10:22 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Runge15

Like a NG without martin's funny jokes ?

"Martin" a écrit dans le message de
On Sun, 17 May 2009 00:07:53 +0100, "Ian F."
wrote:

"David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*)" wrote in message
.. .

I'd say congratulations all around. The show was very well done and as
Eurovision pop numbers go, a lot of great songs- and more realistic
results.

Agreed. The production was terrific, performances and songs were far
better
than usual and the voting sorted out.

And for those watching in the UK, Graham Norton was a very creditable
replacement for El Tel.

Maybe the performances appeared better because they didn't have El Tel
making
snotty remarks all the time?
--

Martin

Old May 17th, 2009, 10:41 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

wrote:

"David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*)" wrote in message
. ..

I'd say congratulations all around. The show was very well done and as
Eurovision pop numbers go, a lot of great songs- and more realistic
results.

Agreed. The production was terrific, performances and songs were far better
than usual and the voting sorted out.

And for those watching in the UK, Graham Norton was a very creditable
replacement for El Tel.

Maybe the performances appeared better because they didn't have El Tel making
snotty remarks all the time?

I don't think so- I thought they were generally better. Norton said he
felt like giving Rybak a slap on the face just before he started...

Old May 17th, 2009, 11:30 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
David Horne, _the_ chancellor[_2_]

Martin wrote:

wrote:

"David Horne, _the_ chancellor (*)" wrote in message
. ..

I'd say congratulations all around. The show was very well done and as
Eurovision pop numbers go, a lot of great songs- and more realistic
results.

Agreed. The production was terrific, performances and songs were far
better than usual and the voting sorted out.

And for those watching in the UK, Graham Norton was a very creditable
replacement for El Tel.

Maybe the performances appeared better because they didn't have El Tel
making snotty remarks all the time?

I don't think so- I thought they were generally better. Norton said he
felt like giving Rybak a slap on the face just before he started...

He said something like "I liked him the first time but after hearing him a few
times ..."

I must say I felt exactly the same way.

GN didn't make non stop snotty remarks about every thing that appeared on the
screen like Wogan did.

Watching ESC on a foreign channel without Wogan's comments was a totally
different experience.

Probably so, but I'm somewhat immune to musical criticism- snotty or
not! The songs in the final were palpably better than in recent years
IMO- if more uniform stylistically. Azerbaijan's popularity would
indicate that audiences don't particularly care if the singers can't
sing in tune. (I think the male singer (who sang offkey in the heat as
well) is popular in a few countries.)