Alaska cruise with a child

Old November 7th, 2005, 11:22 PM

Default Alaska cruise with a child

Anyone out there been on a recent Alaskan cruise with a child? Looking
for cruise line suggestions, not-to-miss itinerary items, leaving kids
on ship vs. taking them on excursions opinions, etc.

Thanx, Shawn

Old November 7th, 2005, 11:26 PM
Tom

Shawn, we have taken kids as young as six up to teenagers on the
Celebrity Infinity. Everyone had a great time. As far as excursions,
we would recommend a whale watching boat ride, the White Pass Railroad
and dog sledding if within your budget. Let me know if you have any
specific questions.

Old November 7th, 2005, 11:36 PM
shawnabbtt

did you do the excursions with or without the kids? if not, did the
kids have fun on the ship? my son will be 8...

Old November 7th, 2005, 11:37 PM
shawnabbtt

Old November 8th, 2005, 01:28 AM
sheree

we've taken our son twice to alaska. the infinity when he was 7 and the
summit when he was 10. he loved it!

white pass was very nice, did get a bit boring for him
he loved mendenhall glacier and whale watchign with capt larry
fishing for salmon in ketchikan
ididaride in seward

--
Sheree

Crown Princess 8/25/06

oups.com...

Old November 8th, 2005, 04:26 AM
shawnabbtt

I really need to know, from you who have taken your children, did you
do excursions with them or leave them on the ship, did they enjoy the
kids program? And forget Clint's unhelpful input.

Old November 8th, 2005, 04:35 AM
Sue and Kevin Mullen

shawnabbtt wrote:

And forget Clint's unhelpful input.

Clint is one of our trolls, you can ignore his posts.

sue
Old November 8th, 2005, 03:22 PM
Tom

We did all of the excursions that I mentioned with kids. They loved
it. The train did get a bit boring towards the end for the younger
ones. The thing that they loved the most was the kid's program on
Infinity. I would imagine that any cruise ship would be comparable for
the kid's programs.

Old November 8th, 2005, 03:53 PM
Cathy Kearns

wrote in message
oups.com...
Anyone out there been on a recent Alaskan cruise with a child? Looking
for cruise line suggestions, not-to-miss itinerary items, leaving kids
on ship vs. taking them on excursions opinions, etc.

Our girls were 4 and 9 when we went on a HAL Alaska cruise. They both
enjoyed it a ton. Our daughters went on the White Pass Railroad. In Juneau
we took a whale and wildlife watching trip that included a stop at Mendenhal
Glacier. In Ketchikan my husband took the girls salmon fishing, and they
loved that. (Not be an outdoorsy family, we were pretty floored...) The
youngest is now 11, and she still speaks fondly of that trip.

Old November 8th, 2005, 05:36 PM
Marsha L

Shawn,

I've never cruised with a child... but I know I've seen ships where there
weren't any children's programs while in port. If you think that would be
important, be sure to check it out.

Marsha

oups.com...