DOHA AIRPOT

Old March 15th, 2009, 12:14 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
tile

Default DOHA AIRPOT

I will be in Doha airport for a few hours on my way to Kathmandu
is it possibile to get a transit visa for a few hours ??
thanks for yr advice

Old March 15th, 2009, 10:25 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
RPK

Surely that will depend on your nationality?

.. .

Old March 15th, 2009, 10:44 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Alfred Molon[_6_]

In article , RPK
says...
Surely that will depend on your nationality?

He's Italian.
--

Alfred Molon
Old March 16th, 2009, 12:32 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
grusl[_4_]

"Alfred Molon" wrote in message
In article , RPK
says...
Surely that will depend on your nationality?

He's Italian.

He will get a regular visa. About US$45. Pay by credit card.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

Old March 16th, 2009, 03:30 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
tile

grusl wrote:
"Alfred Molon" wrote in message
In article , RPK
says...
Surely that will depend on your nationality?

He's Italian.

He will get a regular visa. About US$45. Pay by credit card.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

are you sure == I have read that Visa regulations have changed recently..
then I need a visa just for a few hours..

Old March 17th, 2009, 02:17 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
grusl[_4_]

"tile" wrote in message
. ..
grusl wrote:
"Alfred Molon" wrote in message
In article , RPK
says...
Surely that will depend on your nationality?

He's Italian.

He will get a regular visa. About US$45. Pay by credit card.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

are you sure == I have read that Visa regulations have changed recently..
then I need a visa just for a few hours..

I was there last in March 2008 for several days. I paid US$30 for the visa.
According to http://www.qatarembassy.info/ (It's the London embassy but
Italians should face similar conditions, I guess):
Transit visas:

There is no visa required if your transit is less than six hours AND you
don't intend to leave the transit area, alternatively you have to have a
visa.

Visas upon arrival at any port:

The following countries can obtain two weeks entry visa upon arrival
(payment of 15 pounds must be made on a major credit card and cash is not
accepted):

Andorra, Australia, Austria, Brunei, Belgium, Canada, Denmark, Finland,
France, Germany, Greece, Hong Kong, Iceland, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Korea
(rep), Liechtenstein, Luxembourg, Malaysia, Monaco, Netherlands, New
Zealand, Norway, Portugal, San Marino, Singapore, Sweden, Switzerland,
United Kingdom, USA, Vatican.

Please note that those who had a resident or work permit for Qatar which has
expired or canceled during the last two years will not be able to get a visa
on arrival, and must apply for a visa before they travel.

Old March 17th, 2009, 07:12 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
tile

grusl wrote:
"tile" wrote in message
. ..
grusl wrote:
[...]

OK
thank you

It means that if I want to get out of the airport I will have to buy a visa

Old March 17th, 2009, 09:42 AM posted to rec.travel.asia
grusl[_4_]

"tile" wrote in message
.. .
grusl wrote:
"tile" wrote in message
. ..
grusl wrote:
[...]

Think positively! If you want to enter the country you will have to buy a
visa.

You don't want to stay at DOH - it's small and dull.

Go to the new Museum of Islamic Art and tell us all what it's like.

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

Old March 17th, 2009, 04:44 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
tile

grusl wrote:
"tile" wrote in message
.. .
grusl wrote:
"tile" wrote in message
. ..
grusl wrote:
[...]

I will see how much time I have after landing. I will be flying from Muenich
to Kathmandu. so will be in transt two times in Doha.
Unluckily my companion has a Latvian passport. and for her apparently it is
not possible to get visa on arrival.
will have to call the Consul in Rome

Old March 17th, 2009, 07:06 PM posted to rec.travel.asia
Alfred Molon[_6_]

In article , tile says...

I will be flying from Muenich
to Kathmandu.

How much did you spend for the flight? Just curious.
--

Alfred Molon