going to aruba in a couple weeks

Old June 14th, 2005, 03:07 AM
kathy

Default going to aruba in a couple weeks

have been to aruba 5x & have never once felt threatened or afraid in any
way. and i normally travel with just mom & sis, & we go to carlos &
charlies, as well as the other downtown bars & some local bars also. i have
been asked out by the locals very often, but have never gone anywhere alone
with one. we have actually gotten into cars (although not alone - at least
2 of us together always) with locals that we met there, even went on boat
rides with them. so i can see totally why natalee would trust the guys &
get into their car. it's a different feeling in aruba, or anytime on
vacation really, but especially aruba. we always rent a jeep & just drive
all around the island. one time locals came & dug our jeep out of the sand
when our jeep got stuck & nobody else was around anywhere. and locals have
told us to follow them when we couldn't find a place & they directed us.
although this time, we aren't going to get into any cars, of course. and
will be more careful. it did help to read all the cautions posted here,
definitely. i love aruba - such a beautiful island. and i won't let this
stop me from going there. but i do hope they find out what happened. just
must be so awful for natalee's family. and if anyone has anything else they
may have heard about to be aware of in aruba, please let me know!

Old June 16th, 2005, 03:17 AM
arubasucks.com

One Pointer: Stay Alive! ---- you will need this advice!