Bombs in LOndon

Old July 14th, 2005, 08:47 AM
Mxsmanic

Schizoid Man writes:

The media says otherwise. Apparently, Osama Bin Laden is a very, very
wealthy man.

How many suicide missions has he personally carried out, and how often
does he make public appearances?
Old July 14th, 2005, 08:55 AM

Martin wrote:
On 12 Jul 2005 06:59:10 -0700, wrote:

Juliana L Holm wrote:
Thanks for a laugh, I needed it. Of course I'm not a biblical literalist,
but I was a literature major in college, and had to take a huge course called
"Biblical and Classical backgrounds of Literature." Huge course, tons of
reading. This was one thing we discussed.

Julie
Who is actually a committed, progressive Christian.

My church:
http://www.lrucc.org

Why do you think that God let someone plant these bombs ?
What was he / she trying to teach us ?

God works in mysterious ways?
--
Martin

I work with some people like that !

Old July 14th, 2005, 10:51 AM
Mxsmanic

Martin writes:

and you are more likely to be stupid and unhappy because you are poor?

Yes.
Old July 14th, 2005, 12:13 PM

Correcting an oversight:

Icono Clast wrote:
Yes, you're old enough to know what you do and don't like. I'm not
criticizing you as no entertainment is as comprehensive as opera and
few are as much fun. But there's a lot more out there and some of the
new stuff in pop and jazz makes for very rewarding listening. Here's
a review:

http://geocities.com/dancefest/Artic...tic.html#Mafia

Links to others' reviews may be found by hitting "Back to SPECIAL
EVENTS Page" at the bottom of the page above.
Thank God I'm an Atheist.
http://geocities.com/dancefest/ - http://geocities.com/iconoc/
ICQ: http://wwp.mirabilis.com/19098103 --- IClast at SFbay Net

Old July 14th, 2005, 12:42 PM
No Spam

"Magda" wrote in message
On Mon, 11 Jul 2005 23:36:40 GMT, in rec.travel.europe, "No Spam"

arranged some electrons, so they looked like this :

... "EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)" wrote in
message
... ...
... Andy Pandy wrote:
... But one has to ask why they would they sign up to a religion which
... condemns
... them.
... Because only the most narrow of minds believes that it does? (The
"sin of
... Onan" was masturbation, not homosexuality
... Wrong. There is no mention (nor even implication) of
... masturbation in the Onan story. The sin of Onan was
... pulling out of his late brother's widow before ejaculating.

You have to read it again.

No I don't.

says clearly that he chose to "throw his seed on the floor"
- or words to that effect.

So who is it that has to read it again? I've never seen
"throw" in any translation.

sturbating with the hand(s), with an inflatable doll or in a
vagina (or whatever else you can come up with) does not make any
difference in the end.

Early withdrawal is not masturbation.

... And how many women?

No one is - or was, at the time, for that matter - interested in women's
sexuality.

Your lack if interest in women's sexuality is not representative.

Old July 14th, 2005, 01:34 PM
The Reids

Following up to poldy

London by contrast is full of CC cameras all over (in fact, kind of eery
how quickly they identified the suspects).

they were carrying ID.
--
Mike Reid
Walk-eat-UK "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@ this site
Old July 14th, 2005, 01:34 PM
The Reids

Following up to Andy Pandy

It was a guess. You don't like Labour's leader, policies, or actions in
government, it would seem. There must be some reason you voted for them, other
than some vague hope Gordon Brown will take over and completely change
direction.

I don't like various things about all the parties.

This is my prediction - Gordon's luck will run out and the economy will take a
bit of a nosedive. House prices will fall slowly over a few years, and you know
what effect that'll have on the dickheads in this country who think high house
price inflation is a good thing. Tony will resign 3-4 years into Labour's
current term. Gordon will take over as Labour leader unopposed, for 6-12 months
before an election will have to be called. The Tories will win and will remain
in power for the next 10 years+.

10 years is a long time in politics. The issues that will decide
those elections are probably not on the radar yet.
House prices will only fall over a long period if the underlying
supply and demand changes, SE prices might be overheated at
present in the short term.
As for the Tories, they look a long way from winning, they need
to sort out a workable Europe policy that allows them to use
talented people who are not little englanders. They rejected two
people who were capable of winning in favour of a series of grey
people who all looked alike, i'm still waiting to Duncan and
Smith in the same room.

I will reply as I see fit.

Could get long and boring then.... A bit like a Jeremy Paxman interview.

ROFL, what a conceit, you, the great usenet inquisitor.

It sounds like you don't believe manifestos.

Well done in spotting that after all this time!

So why were you so surprised when I question your belief of the LibDem manifesto
promise on local income tax?

you're not making a lot of sense, who said I was surprised, who
said I didn't think Lib Dems are in favour of local income tax?
Not trusting manifestos does not mean believing the opposite.
Old July 14th, 2005, 01:34 PM
The Reids

Following up to Andy Pandy

Which UK party's MP's, out of Labour and the Liberal Democrats, and not
including the Tories, do you think would be more likely to vote for British
troops joining the Americans, should the republican party of the US decide to
invade Iran, Syria, North Korea, or any other of George W Bush's "axis of evil"?

If Bush invaded, say, Syria I suspect all three parties would be
horrified and Blair probably realised he would be going to far to
join in, he may wish he had acted differently in the past,
certainly over the WMD fiasco. Tories, probably would have cold
feet too, Lib Dems, dead against.
BTW you seem to follow the Lib Dems closely, does Kennedy have a
serious drink problem?

This could turn into the most polite flame war ever on usenet. I await your
esteemed reply with anticipation.

What flame war? It takes two to tango.
Old July 14th, 2005, 01:57 PM
Tim Challenger

On Tue, 12 Jul 2005 18:10:52 +0100, Andy Pandy wrote:

It sounds like you don't believe manifestos.

Does anyone?

--
Tim C.
Old July 14th, 2005, 07:00 PM
Andy Pandy

"Tim Challenger" wrote in message
news:1121345745.323fd71712193e272908dbe62d895996@t eranews...
It sounds like you don't believe manifestos.

Does anyone?

Well, not 100%, but in general they give you an idea what the party would do if
elected.

--
Andy