Careless smoker starts fire

Old April 15th, 2006, 03:54 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Careless smoker starts fire

"Surfer E2468" wrote in message
ASs far as booze is concerned,the dr. told my husband it would do him
good to drink a few cans of beer a day,makes me wonder what medical
school he went to,since my husband has high blood pressure,and when he
has a few beers he gets beet red,and his pressure goes up.but he thinks
the dr.is great because he told him to do something he likes.

My cardiologist says that alcohol is one of the few things that raises your
good cholesterol.

--Tom

Old April 16th, 2006, 03:02 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Tom K" :

"Surfer E2468" wrote in message
ASs far as booze is concerned,the dr. told my husband it would do him
good to drink a few cans of beer a day,makes me wonder what medical
school he went to,since my husband has high blood pressure,and when he
has a few beers he gets beet red,and his pressure goes up.but he thinks
the dr.is great because he told him to do something he likes.

My cardiologist says that alcohol is one of the few things that raises your

good cholesterol.

The problem is the doctor's idea of a few (2-3?) may not be the husband's
idea of a few (3+?). It is the same with red wine a single glass of a day is
suppose to be good for the heart, there is not additional benifit if you
drink more per day. And it must be red wine not white.

Earl Colby Pottinger (a person who does not like red wines)

--
Cruising, building a Catamaran, Rebuilding Cabin, New Peroxide Still Design,
Writting SF, Programming FOSS - What happened to the time?
Old April 16th, 2006, 08:33 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

"Earl Colby Pottinger" wrote in message
.. .
"Tom K" :

"Surfer E2468" wrote in message
ASs far as booze is concerned,the dr. told my husband it would do him
good to drink a few cans of beer a day,makes me wonder what medical
school he went to,since my husband has high blood pressure,and when he
has a few beers he gets beet red,and his pressure goes up.but he thinks
the dr.is great because he told him to do something he likes.

My cardiologist says that alcohol is one of the few things that raises
your

good cholesterol.

The problem is the doctor's idea of a few (2-3?) may not be the husband's
idea of a few (3+?). It is the same with red wine a single glass of a day
is
suppose to be good for the heart, there is not additional benifit if you
drink more per day. And it must be red wine not white.

Talk among the pharmacologists at work is that it's not the red part of the
wine... it's the Alcohol itself.

--Tom

Old April 16th, 2006, 09:26 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

You are so right ,in moderation it is supposed to be good for you,but 4
a day 6 days a week? It does not benifit all people,some can do it
some cannot,

(.a cruise lover.)

Old April 16th, 2006, 11:08 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Thus spake Earl Colby Pottinger :

"Tom K" :

"Surfer E2468" wrote in message
ASs far as booze is concerned,the dr. told my husband it would do him
good to drink a few cans of beer a day,makes me wonder what medical
school he went to,since my husband has high blood pressure,and when he
has a few beers he gets beet red,and his pressure goes up.but he thinks
the dr.is great because he told him to do something he likes.

My cardiologist says that alcohol is one of the few things that raises your

good cholesterol.

The problem is the doctor's idea of a few (2-3?) may not be the husband's
idea of a few (3+?). It is the same with red wine a single glass of a day is
suppose to be good for the heart, there is not additional benifit if you
drink more per day. And it must be red wine not white.

Earl Colby Pottinger (a person who does not like red wines)

Earl, there is nothing that lights up a meal for me like a big fat
cab. A shot of a good 20 year old whisky, a glass of a big red and a
glass of VSOP or a tawny port with dessert.

Unfortunately, I only do that about once a month.
--
dillon

I didn't climb to the top of the
food chain to become a vegetartian.
Old April 17th, 2006, 12:57 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Tom K wrote:

[...]

If that is the case, it wouldn't matter if it is red or white wine? We
also have found out that alcohol helps bring down blood sugar, just
have to read between the lines to figure that out.lol

sue
Old April 17th, 2006, 04:26 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Dillon Pyron :

Earl, there is nothing that lights up a meal for me like a big fat
cab. A shot of a good 20 year old whisky, a glass of a big red and a
glass of VSOP or a tawny port with dessert.

I am sorry for being dense, what do you mean by a cab?

Unfortunately, I only do that about once a month.

Well, I am not a doctor but I doubt there is any harm doing it only once a
month. Real damage occur from people who over-indulge themselves day after
day without stop.

Earl Colby Pottinger (Idiot giving out advice so you know
what it is worth)
Old April 18th, 2006, 12:20 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises

On Mon, 17 Apr 2006 15:26:24 GMT, Earl Colby Pottinger
wrote:

I am sorry for being dense, what do you mean by a cab?

Cabernet wine