Traveling to London in February

Old November 15th, 2007, 02:27 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
[email protected]

Default Traveling to London in February

I'm bringing my 11-year old to Europe (from US) to see London, Paris,
and Normandy. Any advice on where to stay or where to avoid? I've
never been to the UK but greatly looking forward to it. Any advice is
appreciated.
Old November 15th, 2007, 12:39 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Mike..

Following up to "a.spencer3" wrote:

London in February! :-))

it will be fine! Its rarely cold now and you often get the most
marvelous days with low sun and clear bright air. If the weather is
bad just imagine your Dickens or Jack the Ripper and explore the old
cobbled streets of Limehouse.
--
Mike
Remove clothing to email
Old November 15th, 2007, 06:43 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

wrote:

On Wed, 14 Nov 2007 18:27:15 -0800 (PST),
wrote:

I'm bringing my 11-year old to Europe (from US) to see London, Paris,
and Normandy. Any advice on where to stay or where to avoid? I've
never been to the UK but greatly looking forward to it. Any advice is
appreciated.

I like the Russel Square area in London for hotels, you can pretty well
walk anywhere.

If your child is a girl she might like the Museum of Childhood in
Bethnal Green, wonderful doll houses 150 years old. And everyone likes
the Egyptian floor of the British Museum, especially the mummies. I
love the zoo too, although it is very expensive.

Tesco (grocery store), Marks and Spencers and other places have
wonderful sandwiches, fruit in small packages, and yogart, etc. I would
take something like that back to my hotel room at night rather than
eating at an expensive restaurant.

This may be off-topic, but perhaps not - in the U.S., quite
a few restaurants offer lower prices at noon than for the
evening meal. If that is true in London, too, your
suggestion of a light supper in one's room makes even better
sense. (Provides more chance to work off the calories, too,
if one's heaviest meal is at noon.)
Old November 15th, 2007, 07:27 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Doesn't Frequently Mop

Make credence recognised that on Thu, 15 Nov 2007 12:39:17 +0000,
Mike.. has scripted:

Following up to "a.spencer3" wrote:

London in February! :-))

it will be fine! Its rarely cold now and you often get the most
marvelous days with low sun and clear bright air. If the weather is
bad just imagine your Dickens or Jack the Ripper and explore the old
cobbled streets of Limehouse.

Then head to the pub.
--
---