Federal Security Expert to Head Worldwide Security!

Old June 5th, 2006, 05:56 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises

Default Federal Security Expert to Head Worldwide Security!

Hi Everyone,

I received this press release from Royal Caribbean and thought it
would be of interest. If you have missed any of my news' postings,
they are available on my web site.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. Names Top Federal Security Expert to Head
Worldwide Security

MIAMI, June 5
Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. today appointed top federal security and
law enforcement executive, Gary M. Bald, vice president of Global
Security, a new position being assigned broad responsibilities for
assessing, managing and continuously improving companywide security.
Last week, Bald stepped down as Executive Assistant Director for the
National Security Branch of the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI),
the third senior-most post at the agency. Bald's new post will report
directly to company Chairman and CEO Richard D. Fain.

"We are thrilled to have Gary joining our team," said Fain. "Thanks to
Gary's leadership, our country is much better prepared in terms of
security, and I am fully confident, given his resume and resolve, that
he will lead our company to even greater advances in our preparedness
and security systems."

Bald spent nearly 29 years at the FBI, where he gained broad
experience and received numerous honors and awards for his exemplary
leadership in both national security and criminal law enforcement. In
his most recent job, at the National Security Branch, Bald headed the
bureau's counterterrorism, counterintelligence and intelligence
programs worldwide and directed the efforts of 19,000 employees.

In earlier positions, he ran the individual divisions accountable for
the agency's counterterrorism and counterintelligence activities. Bald
spent much of his FBI career in law enforcement in the field.

Among Bald's most recent honors are the Presidential Rank Award for
Meritorious Service and the Attorney General's Award for Outstanding
Partnerships in Law Enforcement in 2004, and the U.S. Attorneys' Award
for Outstanding Contribution in Law Enforcement and the FBI Director's
Award for Excellence in Investigation in 2003.

"I couldn't be more excited about coming to work for this company,"
Bald said. "For nearly 29 years, I have worked for the finest
organization in the world at what it does, and I wanted to work for an
organization that has an equal standing in its industry."

"I want to take the best and make it better," he added.

Bald received his bachelor of science degree in Psychology from the
University of South Carolina in 1976, and master's degree in Forensic
Science from George Washington University in 1981.

He will begin his new job on June 12.

Royal Caribbean Cruises Ltd. is a global cruise vacation company that
operates Royal Caribbean International and Celebrity Cruises, with a
combined total of 29 ships in service and five under construction. The
company also offers unique land-tour vacations in Alaska, Canada and
Europe through its cruise-tour division. Additional information can be
found by contacting your travel professional.