VOTS video and question

Old May 27th, 2007, 04:37 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Rosalie B.

Default VOTS video and question

Charles wrote:

In article , Jaap van Dorp
wrote:

Funny Tobie their talking about Regent sea and Regent sun, nobody mentioned
the Voyager ships.

The subject line says VOTS video and look at the thread with the video
that someone labeled VOTS video. The video was not of VOTS.

The ship's name is almost visible - something like Green Bay or
something like that.

But that ship is stuck - it's not underway. (IMHO) It isn't moving
and is caught between waves coming in from off the starboard bow and
another set of waves attacking from the port quarter.

Old May 27th, 2007, 12:03 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Ray Goldenberg
wrote:

No it is definitely not the Regent Seven Seas Voyager.
I don't believe it is a ship that sails from North America.

It looks to be the former Royal Olympic Voyager which is now sailing as
the Grand Voyager.

http://www.maritimematters.com/olympic-voyager1.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4264661.stm

--
Charles
Old May 27th, 2007, 12:22 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Boomer

AT the time Regency went under, I had a friend who had booked am upcoming
cruise by check & it took him almost a year to get a portion of his money
back- lucky. They were taking money right up till the day they folded.

"Cruise Crazy" wrote in message
---Nonnymus--- said " It was wonderful, and a great ship and cruise. The
line folded the following week. '

We've had that happen 4 times... Epiritoki Cruise, Regency Cruises,
Premier Cruises and Rennaisance Cruises. I'm surprised the cruise lines
still let us book

~~DORIS~~
________ / /___/ /___/ /_________
\::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::/
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Old May 27th, 2007, 12:47 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Becca

Tobie Gerbrandt wrote:

BTW, Nonny, and everyone else. I looked at that video, and there is
no way it was the Voyager of the Seas.

The subject header was a little tricky, it said "Voyage of the Seas
(video)", so I expected to see the Voyager of the Seas. You are right,
Tobie, it was not the Voyager of the Seas. It was a small boat that was
in trouble, that is why the aircraft was present.

Becca
Old May 27th, 2007, 02:04 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Joseph Coulter

Charles wrote:
In article , Ray Goldenberg
wrote:

No it is definitely not the Regent Seven Seas Voyager.
I don't believe it is a ship that sails from North America.

It looks to be the former Royal Olympic Voyager which is now sailing as
the Grand Voyager.

http://www.maritimematters.com/olympic-voyager1.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4264661.stm

iberojet's Voyager is the best bet. (formerly Royal Olympic) Cruise
critic has an article noting rthat it got rough treatment by waves in 2005
http://www.cruisecritic.com/news/news.cfm?ID=1286
Old May 27th, 2007, 02:07 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Joseph Coulter

Charles wrote:
In article , Ray Goldenberg
wrote:

No it is definitely not the Regent Seven Seas Voyager.
I don't believe it is a ship that sails from North America.

It looks to be the former Royal Olympic Voyager which is now sailing as
the Grand Voyager.

http://www.maritimematters.com/olympic-voyager1.html

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/europe/4264661.stm

see also

VOYAGER Powerless In Storm
February 14: Iberojet's (Spain) VOYAGER (ex OLYMPIC VOYAGER, OLYMPIA
VOYAGER) was battered by 30-foot (10 meter) waves in the western
Mediterranean leaving the ship without power. With 480 mostly Spanish
passengers and 296 crew on board, the ship (sister to EXPLORER, which
was also recently left powerless by a Pacific storm -- see January 27th
news below) was departing Sardinia on a voyage between Tunis and
Barcelona. A French-led rescue operation was reportedly under way to
reach the stricken ship, about 100 km (60 miles) from Menorca. There
were reports of minor injuries and the crew were battling to restore
engine power. A liquefied gas tanker, GIMMI, was standing by after
receiving the VOYAGER's distress call sent just after 0900 GMT February
14. A large wave smashed the bridge windows at about 0800 GMT, damaging
electronics and causing the loss of power. The distress call said it was
taking on water, the coast guard reported. Two tugs were on their way to
the scene and several aircraft have also been sent to the scene. Click
here for Peter knego's tour of the ship as OLYMPIC VOYAGER