Electricity

Old June 4th, 2007, 02:58 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Harlan Lunsford

Default Electricity

Do all ships of HollandAmerica, viz the Westerdam have 120 volt sockets?

As I recall last year the Ryndam did. But memory MAY be faulty.

Cheer$,
HL
Old June 4th, 2007, 03:01 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Joseph Coulter

Harlan Lunsford wrote:
Do all ships of HollandAmerica, viz the Westerdam have 120 volt sockets?

As I recall last year the Ryndam did. But memory MAY be faulty.

Cheer$,
HL

You will find 110 on most ships (certainly all of the main mass market
US ones). You will do well to have a 220 plug as well for computers and
such as all cabins have 220 (crew appliances such as the steward's
vacuum are 220)
Old June 4th, 2007, 03:02 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ray Goldenberg Ray Goldenberg is offline
Banned

On Sun, 03 Jun 2007 21:58:29 -0400, Harlan Lunsford
wrote:

Do all ships of HollandAmerica, viz the Westerdam have 120 volt sockets?

Hi,

Yes, all HAL ships have 120 volt outlets.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com
Old June 4th, 2007, 12:03 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Donald Newcomb

"Harlan Lunsford" wrote in message
Do all ships of HollandAmerica, viz the Westerdam have 120 volt sockets?

Haven't been on Holland-America but one of my notes-to-self for next cruise
was to bring a couple of adapters. Our room on Carnival had one 120 v outlet
and one 220 v outlet. Between laptop, phones, hair dryers, etc we could have
used an extra outlet.

--
Donald R. Newcomb
DRNewcomb (at) attglobal (dot) net

Old June 4th, 2007, 01:33 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Peri

Donald Newcomb wrote:
Between laptop, phones, hair dryers, etc we could have
used an extra outlet.

You may want to bring a power strip with you on your next cruise. Very
helpful for chargers and all the stuff you mentioned. We wouldn't go
without one.

~ Peri
Old June 4th, 2007, 01:47 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Donald Newcomb

"Peri" wrote in message
You may want to bring a power strip with you on your next cruise. Very
helpful for chargers and all the stuff you mentioned. We wouldn't go
without one.

That might have been overkill but a multitap outlet would have been handy.

Old June 4th, 2007, 01:58 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
-hh

Peri wrote:
Donald Newcomb wrote:

Between laptop, phones, hair dryers, etc we could have
used an extra outlet.

You may want to bring a power strip with you on your next cruise. Very
helpful for chargers and all the stuff you mentioned. We wouldn't go
without one.

I usually carry one or two of these. Price is right and size is tiny:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...tId=2103297&cp

-hh

Old June 4th, 2007, 06:32 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Boomer

"-hh" wrote in message
oups.com...
Peri wrote:
Donald Newcomb wrote:

Between laptop, phones, hair dryers, etc we could have
used an extra outlet.

You may want to bring a power strip with you on your next cruise. Very
helpful for chargers and all the stuff you mentioned. We wouldn't go
without one.

I usually carry one or two of these. Price is right and size is tiny:

http://www.radioshack.com/product/in...tId=2103297&cp

-hh

These short extension cords are a must for plugging in those hair curlers
that have the flip out prongs. The curlers won't fit into the outlet by the
dressing table because the outlets are mounted at table height & the curlers
are vertical when plugged in.

Old June 4th, 2007, 07:38 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
-hh

On Jun 4, 1:32 pm, "Boomer" wrote:

These short extension cords are a must for plugging in those hair curlers
that have the flip out prongs. The curlers won't fit into the outlet by the
dressing table because the outlets are mounted at table height &
the curlers are vertical when plugged in.

There's also "flip-out" style plugs on cellphone chargers, iPod
chargers, and some laptops. Plus those 2" square "brick" DC
transformers can also cause problems at times too.

European 240v plugs (and extension cords) frequently are recessed, and
some 120v/240v adaptor plug mimic this recessed interface and can
cause problems too...one of mine has a notch that was laboriously cut
in its size with a pair of toenail clippers because I didn't yet know
the trick of carrying one of these little 6 inch cords :-)

-hh

-hh

Old June 4th, 2007, 07:39 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
J Carnaghie

wrote:

Do all ships of HollandAmerica, viz the Westerdam have 120 volt sockets?

Hi,

Yes, all HAL ships have 120 volt outlets.

Best regards,
Ray
LIGHTHOUSE TRAVEL
800-719-9917 or 805-566-3905
http://www.lighthousetravel.com
--

They may have 120 V outlets, but they are few in
number and limited in available power - no irons