Go Fig, figure this one out, the story is changing by the hour

Old December 28th, 2003, 11:39 AM
Jim Ley

Default Go Fig, figure this one out, the story is changing by the hour

On Sun, 28 Dec 2003 09:12:23 +0100, Earl Evleth
wrote:

No, they will be getting worse. The EU has agreed to go along with the
security information check on all passengers which requires a ton of
information on each individual, some 35 items. Not just home address and
telephone number but health information, credit card numbers, ---- you name
it.

So the Data Protection laws are being changed to allow this?

Jim.
Old December 29th, 2003, 08:22 PM
Jenn

In article pHpHb.24498$J77.20012@fed1read07,
Miles wrote:

Sjoerd wrote:

I also will travel, but not to the US for the moment. We had some vague
plans to go to New York in the spring, but New York will still be there
after the Bush era when all these ridiculous "security" measures will all
have gone.

Thats too bad. However, I have flown many times this past year and have
not had any 'ridiculous security' measures to go through. I have heard
of a few that seem odd but none have effected me at all. In fact, on
every trip I have made in the USA I have never been inconvenienced by
security measures nor delayed any longer than prior to 9/11. I agree
that some measures are a bit absurd and useless but tougher security is
required at airports almost worldwide. Could it be the media hype has
overstated whats actually occurring at USA airports to the extent your
beliefs are unwarranted? The media is good at doing that.

I have not traveled to NY city airports, so I can't comment on just what
those 3 major airports are doing security wise if different than other
USA airports. NY city is not on my must visit list. Too many other
great cities to see.

I have flown extensively this past year including several international
trips -- and security has never been an issue.