Europe Trip-Mid Aug

Old July 19th, 2008, 01:04 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Mike.....[_5_]

Default Europe Trip-Mid Aug

Following up to Kamakazee

I will be in Spondon on a Mon-Wed, flying into Manchester and driving
to Spondon. Will this most likely be fatal? I've budgeted 2 hours,
workable? Is there a train I could take?

you should be able to drive in two hours, I dont see the point in taking a
train as the dales etc are much easier to explore by combination of
car/walk.
--
Mike........
remove clothing to email
Old July 19th, 2008, 01:05 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Runge12

martin's posts should mention POLLUTION for the newbies

"Martin" a écrit dans le message de
On Fri, 18 Jul 2008 16:19:42 -0700, yeadeagisss
wrote:

Kamakazee wrote:
On Jul 18, 4:45 pm, yeadeagisss dai/gea/isss/0nne/3hrree/zer0/
wrote:

There are trains from Maastrict to Frankfurt, but not direct, non-stop
services. You'll change at least once, and that's on the utterly
non-intuitive route via Utrecht. Some routes feature several changes,
which can be rather tiring.

It would be the largest amount of driving on the trip but I think I'm
up to it. I note from the map it would take me through "Nottingham",

You note from the wrong map. Maastricht to Frankfurt goes nowhere near
Nottingham, England. The only time you'll be near Nottingham is when
you're in Spondon.

Are you familar with the "speed trains"? If
so, do they run from Barcelona to Hungary?

There is no direct high-speed train service from Barcelona to Budapest.
It's a very long and tiring voyage via train, with a minimum of three,
and as many as eight changes.

Sounds like it's out of the question. She has a tolerance of no more
than 4 hours sitting at one time.

You sure you meant "Barcelona" and not "Vienna?"

Hint: Barcelona is in Spain. Vienna is in Austria.

Your post should have had SPOILER in the subject.
--

Martin

Old July 19th, 2008, 05:52 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Kamakazee

On Jul 19, 7:04*am, "Mike....."
wrote:
Following up to Kamakazee

I will be in Spondon on a Mon-Wed, flying into Manchester and driving
to Spondon. Will this most likely be fatal? *I've budgeted 2 hours,
workable? *Is there a train I could take?

you should be able to drive in two hours, I dont see the point in taking a
train as the dales etc are much easier to explore by combination of
car/walk.
--
Mike........
remove clothing to email

Yeah, I'm pretty convinced I'll do the driving. Particularly since no
foriegn language will create additional hurdles on this leg fo the
trip. My notes reflect that it's 88 miles, are these roads "highways"
in the sense we have them in the states?
Also, I'll fly out of Manchester to Copenhagen that Weds, is there
still a 2 hour early arrival requirement even though these are EU
countries?

Thks again.
Old July 19th, 2008, 05:54 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Kamakazee

On Jul 19, 6:13*am, "Mike....."
wrote:
Following up to Kamakazee

*include Spondon UK,

Spondon, in Derbyshire?
--
Mike........
remove clothing to email

I assume so, yes, though my notes say "Derby"
Old July 19th, 2008, 06:31 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
grusl[_3_]

"Kamakazee" wrote in message
On Jul 19, 6:13 am, "Mike....."
wrote:
Following up to Kamakazee

include Spondon UK,

Spondon, in Derbyshire?

I assume so, yes, though my notes say "Derby"

It's part of the city of Derby. More than you will ever want to know is at
http://derekporter.home.att.net/spondonlad/spondon.html

Cheers,
George W Russell
Bangalore

Old July 19th, 2008, 07:26 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Runge12

You'll be the foreigner !

Old July 19th, 2008, 07:44 PM posted to rec.travel.europe
Jochen Ringle

if so, do they run from Barcelona to Hungary?
www.clickair.com offers flights from Barcelona to Budapest.

..jr
Old July 20th, 2008, 05:28 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
yod-yog+ais

On 7/18/2008 5:17 PM Kamakazee ignored two million years of human
evolution to write:

wrote:
Are you familar with the "speed trains"? If
so, do they run from Barcelona to Hungary?
There is no direct high-speed train service from Barcelona to Budapest.
It's a very long and tiring voyage via train, with a minimum of three,
and as many as eight changes.
Sounds like it's out of the question. She has a tolerance of no more
than 4 hours sitting at one time.

You sure you meant "Barcelona" and not "Vienna?"

Hint: Barcelona is in Spain. Vienna is in Austria.

Yes, I meant Barcelona, or more specifically Vilafranca.

Do you ever look at maps of Europe? It should be painfully obvious that
Barcelona is much farther than four hours' travel time, by land, from
anywhere in Hungary.

I'm starting to detect trollscent.
Old July 20th, 2008, 05:32 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
yod-yog+ais

On 7/19/2008 9:52 AM Kamakazee ignored two million years of human
evolution to write:

On Jul 19, 7:04 am, "Mike....."
wrote:
Following up to Kamakazee

I will be in Spondon on a Mon-Wed, flying into Manchester and driving
to Spondon. Will this most likely be fatal? I've budgeted 2 hours,
workable? Is there a train I could take?

you should be able to drive in two hours

Yeah, I'm pretty convinced I'll do the driving. Particularly since no
foriegn language will create additional hurdles on this leg fo the
trip. My notes reflect that it's 88 miles, are these roads "highways"
in the sense we have them in the states?

Once again, I detect a note of trollscent. Spend some time looking up
"motorway" in Google or Wikipedia, ffs. Do you have any idea what roads
are like in Europe? If not, please warn everyone when you get there, so
they can clear the roads before you do something tragic.

Also, I'll fly out of Manchester to Copenhagen that Weds, is there
still a 2 hour early arrival requirement even though these are EU
countries?

Check with the airline. Check with the airport.
Old July 20th, 2008, 09:29 AM posted to rec.travel.europe
Runge12

martin desesperately answering and hoping it will go on and on and on

"Martin" a écrit dans le message de
On Sat, 19 Jul 2008 23:01:35 +0530, "grusl"
wrote:

"Kamakazee" wrote in message
On Jul 19, 6:13 am, "Mike....."
wrote:
Following up to Kamakazee

include Spondon UK,

Spondon, in Derbyshire?

I assume so, yes, though my notes say "Derby"

It's part of the city of Derby. More than you will ever want to know is at
http://derekporter.home.att.net/spondonlad/spondon.html

Other than how to pronounce Erewash and why the road signs are confusing
when
driving from the M1 via the A38 to the A50 but give no problem going in
the
other direction.
--

Martin