Zambia - entry visa fee

Old June 22nd, 2008, 10:01 AM posted to rec.travel.africa
Gerald Oliver Swift

Default Zambia - entry visa fee

GBP 75 for an entry visa for a Brit to enter Zambia !!!!!

Zambia has just gone right to the bottom of the pile of my intended travel
destinations.

Gerry

PS Only Libya charges more for an entry visa

Old June 24th, 2008, 02:37 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Mitch

At the Zambia USA embassy website, how about paying $475 for a three
year multiple entry Visa or $175 for a single entry?!
Old June 24th, 2008, 05:48 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Gerald Oliver Swift

"Mitch" wrote in message
At the Zambia USA embassy website, how about paying $475 for a three
year multiple entry Visa or $175 for a single entry?!

Madness! I guess they just don't want people to visit Zambia.

Gerry

Old June 25th, 2008, 01:33 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Mitch

Or, maybe just Brits. The USA visa is $135 for three years.

At $45 a year, that fee is a bit lower than the "going rate" for
visas. Except, it's possible that many (most) travelers will visit
Zambia only once in that time frame.
Old June 30th, 2008, 04:34 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Marc Lurie[_1_]

DRC (Congo Kinshasa) is US$1300 for a multiple entry visa valid for
one year! A single entry 15 day, visa is US$100.

I travelled to Zambia in January with a British citizen, and I think I
remember the visa being US$75 at the border for a multiple entry visa.
Unfortunately I don't have my records handy.

Perhaps it's cheaper if you get your visa at the border rather than at
an embassy?

Marc

Old June 30th, 2008, 09:37 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Jan

Marc Lurie wrote in
:

DRC (Congo Kinshasa) is US$1300 for a multiple entry visa valid for
one year! A single entry 15 day, visa is US$100.

I travelled to Zambia in January with a British citizen, and I think I
remember the visa being US$75 at the border for a multiple entry visa.
Unfortunately I don't have my records handy.

Perhaps it's cheaper if you get your visa at the border rather than at
an embassy?

Marc

Last year in September I visited Zambia.

At that time, when you booked certain lodges or hotels in advance they
could arrange a single entry free visa at the border.

Once in Livingstone I got a multi entry visa (valid for 7 days) for about 1
euro (5000 K.).

Jan
Old July 4th, 2008, 02:12 PM posted to rec.travel.africa
Marc Lurie[_1_]

Some of us work there. Not all travel is for pleasure ;-)

Marc

Old July 11th, 2008, 09:02 PM posted to rec.travel.africa,rec.travel.europe
Dimond Geeza

wrote:
DRC?? * I wouldn't pay US$100 to get in, even if they paid me US$1,000 to
get out.

Gerry

Interesting, I was just looking at Zambia, Uganda, Mozambique, Kenya
and Tanzania.
All expect a Visa, so **** it, I will spend my hard earned money in
South Africa.