Car hire Malaga airport

Old March 7th, 2006, 10:22 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default Car hire Malaga airport

On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 10:12:12 +0100, Martin wrote:

On Tue, 07 Mar 2006 08:54:37 +0000, The Reid
wrote:

Following up to Russell

usually Europcar, as we like the Audis, VW Golfs sometimes BMWs
they seem to do (IIRC they belong to VW group)
--

I have always been very happy with Europcar - on the last two occasions I
have used them the car has been literally brand new with less than 100 miles

I haven't had other than a near new car for ages, I don't think
they keep them long at all. We got upgraded to a Jag with white
leather in Italy.

Hertz and Avis dump their hire cars before they are six months old, if
they survive that long.

No, Martin, that is simply not true. One statistic I have seen quoted,
though, is that the Avis fleet has an average age of less than 6
months. http://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/alumni/avis.html
In recent years I have personally rented cars from Avis that were more
than 6 months old.
--==++AJC++==--
Old March 7th, 2006, 10:36 AM posted to rec.travel.europe

as I was in Malaga ( not exactly-- near the sea) every second shop was
offerent cars for rent

At the end I took a small car for 35.00 eur a day all included.. but not the
air conditioning

In summer you will definitely need it.

the airport is well connected by rail ( metro style) to malaga and all the
coast villages.

kate.tomlinson wrote:
Hi

Can anyone give any recommendations for car hire companies operating
at Malaga airport.

TIA

Old March 7th, 2006, 12:44 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Following up to Martin

In recent years I have personally rented cars from Avis that were more
than 6 months old.

Where?

the only non new vehicles I have hired from major companies
recently have been 4x4s. They seem to keep them longer, no doubt
due to their durability.
--
Mike Reid
Walk-eat-photos UK "http://www.fellwalk.co.uk" -- you can email us@ this site
Old March 7th, 2006, 02:41 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

wrote:

Following up to Russell

usually Europcar, as we like the Audis, VW Golfs sometimes BMWs
they seem to do (IIRC they belong to VW group)
--

I have always been very happy with Europcar - on the last two occasions I
have used them the car has been literally brand new with less than 100 miles
on the clock.

I haven't had other than a near new car for ages, I don't think
they keep them long at all. We got upgraded to a Jag with white
leather in Italy.

Hertz and Avis dump their hire cars before they are six months old, if
they survive that long.

No, Martin, that is simply not true. One statistic I have seen quoted,
though, is that the Avis fleet has an average age of less than 6
months. http://www.bournemouth.ac.uk/alumni/avis.html

Doesn't that fit in with what I said.

It has no relation to what you said. It is a statistic in it's own
right.

I got the info from their desks
in France.

Ok, now the info most likely wasn't that Avis dumps their cars before
they are 6 months old, was it that Avis France does so? Avis in that
particular city? Avis just at that rental location?

In recent years I have personally rented cars from Avis that were more
than 6 months old.

Where?

La Tontouta, Noumea, a Yaris, approx 10 months old, showing wear and
tear, but nippy enough around town, on the winding country roads, and
fine cruising on the péage autoroute.
--==++AJC++==--
Old March 7th, 2006, 03:34 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

wrote:

[...]

It actually says "all cars" not that the average age of all our cars
is less than six months.

"all cars are on average less than 6 months old and undergo a rigorous
pre-rental service check to ensure safety and reliability. In
addition, Avis offers complimentary 24 hour Roadside Assistance
anywhere in the UK."

I got the info from their desks
in France.

Ok, now the info most likely wasn't that Avis dumps their cars before
they are 6 months old, was it that Avis France does so? Avis in that
particular city? Avis just at that rental location?

Avis/Hertz Paris Toulouse and Nice. Turin, Milan and Rome.

Now where did Turin, Milan, and Rome pop up from? You said you got
your info from desks in France.

In recent years I have personally rented cars from Avis that were more
than 6 months old.

Where?

La Tontouta, Noumea, a Yaris, approx 10 months old,

How did you know how old the car was? Did you look at the papers?

Of course. Doesn't everyone do that? I could even give you the rental
agreement number if you like.

showing wear and
tear, but nippy enough around town, on the winding country roads, and
fine cruising on the péage autoroute.

and that is typical?

In my experience it is typical of renting a car at that location, yes.
--==++AJC++==--
Old March 7th, 2006, 04:07 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Huh... Malaga is right on the Mediterranean and a port City; are you
referring to the airport area?

Tim K

Old March 7th, 2006, 04:37 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Following up to Timothy Kroesen

pic "http://www.fell-walker.co.uk/malaga1.htm"

Old March 7th, 2006, 05:39 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Following up to Timothy Kroesen

Yup; I've got virtually the same picture; except mine has a Navy ship at
the docks inundating the town with acrid fuel oil soot...

its the obvious viewpoint.
Old March 7th, 2006, 05:58 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

"The Reid" wrote in message
Following up to Timothy Kroesen

Yup; I've got virtually the same picture; except mine has a Navy ship at
the docks inundating the town with acrid fuel oil soot...

its the obvious viewpoint.

It's normally much more expensive to hire a car in Malaga town than at the
airport. (Plse take note)