Carrying valuables

Old October 22nd, 2003, 09:09 AM
Turby

Default Carrying valuables

I finally came up with a solution to the age-old question of what to
do with your valuables when traveling. It's a metal box. I had it made
in Asia a few years ago. It was a motorcycle courier case with a
hinged lid and a hasp. I had the metal shop guy move the hinge from
the end to the side, and add rings for a shoulder strap. It's just the
right size for carry-on and will fit under an airline seat. It's
surprisingly light, although it really looks like a 3rd world tin box.

It holds my camera, passport, extra money, journal, and a ridiculous
variety of other stuff, including a light chain and hefty padlock.
It's given me incredible peace of mind over the years. I can lock it
to the furniture in my room, or to a tree at the beach. I can sleep
peacefully on an Indian train without worrying about pickpockets.

I'd like to see an upscale version of it, perhaps with a fabric cover,
and softer, rounded corners. Any entrepreneur out there who wants to
start up a sure-fire product?

Old October 24th, 2003, 02:57 PM
Michael Christoffersen

"Turby" wrote in message
[...]

Hi Turby,

I came across this item. Although it is probably smaller than you would
like.
There should definitely be a market for something like this.

http://home.halden.net/jrh/box.htm

cheers
Michael Christoffersen