What to do in Cozumel

Old December 25th, 2010, 04:38 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Wayne Dernoncourt

Default What to do in Cozumel

I haven't been monitoring/lurking rtc for years...

My wife and I are going on a cruise to Cozumel at the beginning of January.
We are going on a scuba diving on a couple of earlier stops. We've been
looking at the expeditions listed on the website and Fodor's book to look
at possibilities but we still don't know what to do. I have no desire to
ride in a kidney jarring bus for 3 hours to go see Mayan ruins.

Is the snorkeling great? How's the walk in the park (~3 miles away)? Is the
Mexican cooking demo good? I weigh ~240 pounds, given the food I
may end weighing 250 pounds so parasailing is up in the airg.

Old December 25th, 2010, 05:13 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Janet Wilder

On 12/25/2010 10:38 AM, Wayne Dernoncourt wrote:
I haven't been monitoring/lurking rtc for years...

My wife and I are going on a cruise to Cozumel at the beginning of January.
We are going on a scuba diving on a couple of earlier stops. We've been
looking at the expeditions listed on the website and Fodor's book to look
at possibilities but we still don't know what to do. I have no desire to
ride in a kidney jarring bus for 3 hours to go see Mayan ruins.

Is the snorkeling great? How's the walk in the park (~3 miles away)? Is the
Mexican cooking demo good? I weigh ~240 pounds, given the food I
may end weighing 250 pounds so parasailing is up in the airg.

How about this?

http://thisiscozumel.com/content/view/620/43/

We will be cruising there too in early January. We are on Voyager of the
Seas out of Galveston. We've been there so often that we will probably
just stay on the ship.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Old December 25th, 2010, 05:27 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
rraabe

On Dec 25, 10:38*am, Wayne Dernoncourt wrote:
I haven't been monitoring/lurking rtc for years...

My wife and I are going on a cruise to Cozumel at the beginning of January.
We are going on a scuba diving on a couple of earlier stops. *We've been
looking at the expeditions listed on the website and Fodor's book to look
at possibilities but we still don't know what to do. *I have no desire to
ride in a kidney jarring bus for 3 hours to go see Mayan ruins.

Is the snorkeling great? *How's the walk in the park (~3 miles away)? *Is the
Mexican cooking demo good? *I weigh ~240 pounds, given the food I
may end weighing 250 pounds so parasailing is up in the airg.

We always take a cab to chankanaab park. Its a great place to spend
the day and snorkel. There are discount coupons to save on admission
fee online, just google for it.
Old December 25th, 2010, 05:53 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

In article , Wayne
Dernoncourt wrote:

Is the snorkeling great? How's the walk in the park (~3 miles away)? Is the
Mexican cooking demo good? I weigh ~240 pounds, given the food I
may end weighing 250 pounds so parasailing is up in the airg.

The snorkeling at Chankanaab Park is average. Not great but not bad.
The admission charge to the park seems high for what they give these
days.

The last few years I have skipped the snorkeling and gone to Paradise
Beach. They charge ala carte. $2 for a chair and then whatever you buy
as far as drinks and food. $12 optional for a package that includes
beach toys. They have a pool which they just opened.

--
Charles
Old December 25th, 2010, 06:59 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Goomba

Janet Wilder wrote:

We will be cruising there too in early January. We are on Voyager of the
Seas out of Galveston. We've been there so often that we will probably
just stay on the ship.

We'll be there right after you and had considered just staying on board,
but have decided instead to go to Nachi Cocum for the day.
Old December 25th, 2010, 10:23 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Janet Wilder

On 12/25/2010 12:59 PM, Goomba wrote:
Janet Wilder wrote:

We will be cruising there too in early January. We are on Voyager of
the Seas out of Galveston. We've been there so often that we will
probably just stay on the ship.

We'll be there right after you and had considered just staying on board,
but have decided instead to go to Nachi Cocum for the day.

I will make sure that they keep everything clean and tidy for your
visit. :-)

We live about half an hour from the beach on South Padre Island, so
spending the day on a beach just doesn't turn us on. We live on the
border so shopping in Mexico is no big deal. We can get the same
chatchkas here for a lot less. Same thing with Mexican food.

I wanted to take the Mexican cooking class and even contacted them
directly, but there wasn't anyone else signed up. If they get more
people signed up they are supposed to contact me. That would be
something that would interest me.

Old December 26th, 2010, 03:17 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Sat, 25 Dec 2010 11:38:43 -0500, Wayne Dernoncourt
wrote:

I haven't been monitoring/lurking rtc for years...

My wife and I are going on a cruise to Cozumel at the beginning of January.
We are going on a scuba diving on a couple of earlier stops. We've been
looking at the expeditions listed on the website and Fodor's book to look
at possibilities but we still don't know what to do. I have no desire to
ride in a kidney jarring bus for 3 hours to go see Mayan ruins.

Is the snorkeling great? How's the walk in the park (~3 miles away)? Is the
Mexican cooking demo good? I weigh ~240 pounds, given the food I
may end weighing 250 pounds so parasailing is up in the airg.

I went parasailing in the Bahamas, and there isn't a problem with the
weight of the person - my daughter went tandem with her daughter when
her daughter was too young to go alone.

We've been scuba diving at Cozumel and thought it was really good, but
that was 12 years ago. I think it is probably still good. It is
much more colorful than in Belize.

When we were there last time, we took an eco jeep tour which took us
down to the south end of the island and we did some snorkeling (which
was decent), and then went to the lighthouse where I wandered around
the Museo de la Navigation - I did not climb the lighthouse although
we could have done that. Next we went to El Caracol which was a very
very small Mayan temple. Then we walked across to the Zona de
Cocodrilos (Sea Cuidadoso) [Crocodiles Zone/Be Careful]. The guide
whistled and a big croc came swimming over. There was also a big tower
you could climb to see other crocs down in the water. I asked how high
a crocodile could jump. The guide said, that in water that shallow,
probably not very high. I also took photos of various birds.

I thought this was a very good tour.

The other thing we might do is just take a taxi into town and walk
around and shop a little, and then go to the museum. I went to the
museum 12 years ago, but would like to go back.
Old December 26th, 2010, 08:10 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ari Silverstein, C.T.A.

On Sat, 25 Dec 2010 11:38:43 -0500, Wayne Dernoncourt wrote:

parasailing

/This/ looks like fun?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEkd9SitrDA
--
Ari Silverstein, C.T.A; C.T.A.S, FREE Cruise Travel Advisory Services
I never have nor ever will solicit or accept a booking.
Old December 26th, 2010, 08:23 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Sue Whitfield

On Sun, 26 Dec 2010 15:10:41 -0500, Ari Silverstein, C.T.A. wrote:

On Sat, 25 Dec 2010 11:38:43 -0500, Wayne Dernoncourt wrote:

parasailing

/This/ looks like fun?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEkd9SitrDA

I had a wonderful time!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hv9ZPfTvMGk&NR=1
--
Susette
Cruise Outlets & Travel & Eating
Old December 27th, 2010, 12:49 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Wayne Dernoncourt

On Sat, 25 Dec 2010 17:23:51 -0500, Janet Wilder wrote
(in article om):

Janet Wilder wrote:

[...]

I was interested in the cooking class, my wife - not so much. Evidently we
are going to a park or something....g