deducting cost of cruise for tax purposes?

Old December 31st, 2010, 02:41 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Carol Eskra

Default As Always, Ask a Professional!

When I went on my first cruise many years ago, I paid the fare, booked a
flight and off we went and I never asked a question, However I am not
one to sweat the small stuff!

Old December 31st, 2010, 04:51 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ari Silverstein, C.T.A.

On Thu, 30 Dec 2010 20:30:15 -0600, Janet Wilder wrote:

On 12/30/2010 7:57 PM, Carol Eskra wrote:
Janet,

You left out his question regarding tipping! LOL

I believe he wanted to hand out coin instead of bills.

That's right! I forgot that one. That was really funny.

Fairly accomplished troll is he.
--
Ari Silverstein, C.T.A; C.T.A.S, FREE Cruise Travel Advisory Services
I never have nor ever will solicit or accept a booking.
Old December 31st, 2010, 07:38 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Carol Eskra

Funny thing is I don't think this guy is a troll, just a schmuck! Lol

Old December 31st, 2010, 08:48 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Ari Silverstein, C.T.A.

On Fri, 31 Dec 2010 02:38:52 -0500, Carol Eskra wrote:

Funny thing is I don't think this guy is a troll, just a schmuck! Lol

Schmuck-troll, a new half-breed!
Old December 31st, 2010, 04:15 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Janet Wilder

On 12/30/2010 8:41 PM, Carol Eskra wrote:
When I went on my first cruise many years ago, I paid the fare, booked a
flight and off we went and I never asked a question, However I am not
one to sweat the small stuff!

Our first cruise was in the late 80's. I was traveling a lot for
business and my company used Marriot hotels. I had their "honored
guest"program and earned enough points to pay for one ticket and get the
second one free except for port charges and taxes. We drove from New
Jersey to Miami and parked our car in their secure lot (free in those
days) and sailed away on the brand new Norwegian Seaward.

Those were the days with no buffets except the midnight one every single
night. There were no separate theaters and the shows were in the lounge.

Cruising was so different from any other vacations we'd done that we
were immediately hooked.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Old December 31st, 2010, 04:16 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Janet Wilder

On 12/31/2010 1:38 AM, Carol Eskra wrote:
Funny thing is I don't think this guy is a troll, just a schmuck! Lol

I think you are right, Carol.

Old December 31st, 2010, 05:49 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
LVTravel[_1_]

"Janet Wilder" wrote in message
eb.com...
[...]

The Seaward was a nice ship. And I agree about the buffets. Pizza at 11 PM
just isn't the same as the good old Midnight Buffet. Really liked the
Chocoholic buffet. She was our second cruise, the first was on the NCL
Sunward II.

Old December 31st, 2010, 06:46 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Carol Eskra

My first cruise was on the Norway back in the early 1980's. Mother
treated my sister and me and we had a blast. We spent several days at
the Hilton Fountainbleu, but mother didn't like the violinist
serenaiding us during dinner! Lol

When we got off the ship in St. Thomas the air was permeated with weed.
Mother made the comment "the people here are so happy." Then she
wondered what that terrible odor was and I told her "if you didn't have
to work and was high all day you would be happy too." My sister and I
had a good laugh over this!

Those were the "good old days" when your caesar salad was prepared at
your table, and the Jamaicans really gave superb service. We had a fun
time partying with the crew in the crew bar!

Old December 31st, 2010, 07:51 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Goomba

Janet Wilder wrote:

I wasn't going to sling the first arrow, but this fellow had to come
here to get advice from a Usenet group as to what cruise to take, where
to stay, how to fly there, how early to get to the embarkation point,
etc. In order for him to sell it as a business trip, shouldn't he know
something about what he is doing before hand?

If he dos get a write-off, he should share it with everyone here who has
been holding his hand. g

JMTCW

a few years ago he asked about buying a clunker for a vacation so he
could then just leave the car at the end destination. His ideas are
bizarre and he expends more energy inventing stupid ideas to save a buck
than just getting on with whatever he's doing.
He's a creepy guy who can't do his own research, is cheap (compared to
being frugal) and annoying. I can't imagine being married to such a
wimpy cheapass "man"
Who'd want to read anything he wrote about cruising? He cant even do
that as a newbie like most folks. Where is the common denominator with
his potential readers?
Old December 31st, 2010, 10:11 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

Cruises can not compare to the ones years ago,they treated everyone like
royalty,and the midnight buffet's were fantastic,everyone took pictures
of them.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..