NCL CEO = Jerk

Old January 9th, 2011, 04:31 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Scott Tunis

Default NCL CEO = Jerk

On Jan 8, 9:01*pm, Bill wrote:
On 1/8/2011 3:55 PM, Thumper wrote:

Thumper

Dunno, it seems like they killed the "ice skating" that presumably more
than just the employee (who got a promotion for no obvious reason) hated
having to put together. Of course, they realized that the time being
spent by employees setting it up and breaking it down could be better
spent on other stuff.

I can see them pulling the plug on the "ice skating".

We were on the Epic for 2 weeks last October.

The ice skating was offered a couple of times a week and we walked up
to watch 3 times (neither of us skate, we just wanted to see how it
worked).
Not a single person was skating anytime. Just a couple of staff
members sitting there looking at the big plastice jigsaw puzzle that
they use for ice.

When we watched the show the other night I had to chuckle that no one
showed up.

I also got a kick that we were told he had a cabin "similar to the
crew".

We went on a tour and saw the different cabin categories, right from
the villa areas to the solo units. We also were shown a couple of
crew cabins.
He definitely wasn't in a typical crew cabin.

Old January 9th, 2011, 04:59 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
NOSPAMER

Default NCL

On 1/8/2011 12:18 AM, Ari Silverstein, C.T.A. wrote:
On Fri, 7 Jan 2011 20:46:01 -0800, Gadget World wrote:

If you think that the staff was unaware that the film crew was shooting
and recording everything they were told to do and say then you are
naive.

The producers tell everyone what to do and say for entertainment
purposes, otherwise the program is boring, just watching people do their
work.

It is hard to believe that it took a television program to get a CEO to
know some of his own people and what they actually did!

Gadget, what's surprising to me is that NCL would allow CEO
Sheehan-Doofus to be accurately portrayed as such a divested and
distant monarch that he had no clue how any of the entertainment,
maintenance and operational activities were delivered, performed and
assigned.

The only conclusion I can come from this is:

1) The advertisement was worth the embarrassment.

2) Most people expect ivory castled corporate officers.

There was a CEO who turned around several cruise lines by working along
with his crew many years ago, and he didn't need a disguise to
demonstrate the importance of the most routine details in serving the
needs of cruise passengers.

Kevin is a good guy, even if he is not a great CEO. He is just another
accountant that is leading many cruise lines today.

Accountant! The exact impression I got; he looks, acts and sees
problems as numbers.

Jerk.

I don't think the CEO should be the one going out. It's not their job
in the first place to manage the lower employees. He has a staff to do
that for him and I think they should send the executive responsible for
a particular job out instead of the CEO. What ****es me off is the the
ending of each show is the same. Handouts to a few people.

Rich
Old January 9th, 2011, 10:24 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Jr.[_6_]

"Scott Tunis" wrote in message

On Jan 8, 9:01 pm, Bill wrote:
[...]

We have talked to several people who work as wait-staff or stewards and they
said they share a cabin with 3 other people. 2 upper bunks and 2 lower
bunks.
He definitely did NOT have a cabin "similar to the crew".