Cruise Itinerary suggestions wanted

Old March 5th, 2011, 02:44 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Charles[_1_]

Default Cruise Itinerary suggestions wanted

In article ,
wrote:

She would be able to say that anyway. Her mother is a pilot for a
major airline, and as I said, she's already been to Cozumel, the
Bahamas (several times including on cruises), London, Paris, Costa
Rica and many places in the US.

It does not sound like the itinerary would matter that to her much
then. Pick one with comfortable weather.

he reason I want to take a cruise is for my comfort. I'm just no
longer able to hike (or even walk much), or schlep luggage (not to
mention packing and unpacking).

I recall the problems you posted about on your last cruise. You should
consider getting a scooter. I know several people with them and it
makes a big difference for what they are able to do.

--
Charles
Old March 5th, 2011, 03:11 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Peaches

"Charles" wrote in message
d...
In article ,
wrote:

She would be able to say that anyway. Her mother is a pilot for a
major airline, and as I said, she's already been to Cozumel, the
Bahamas (several times including on cruises), London, Paris, Costa
Rica and many places in the US.

It does not sound like the itinerary would matter that to her much
then. Pick one with comfortable weather.

he reason I want to take a cruise is for my comfort. I'm just no
longer able to hike (or even walk much), or schlep luggage (not to
mention packing and unpacking).

I recall the problems you posted about on your last cruise. You should
consider getting a scooter. I know several people with them and it
makes a big difference for what they are able to do.

--
Charles

I agree. I bought mine a few years ago and I can continue cruising with
ease. Number 32 coming up soon...ahhh, I love my Scooter and her name is
'Gypsy' as she takes me everywhere.
Just be considerate of the able bodied, they walk into you or stop suddenly
and then say 'you ran into me'. Apologize and move on, 'cause everyone else
is trying to tell them differently. Oh and DO NOT use your horn...it's rude.

Peaches in Rowett TX

Old March 6th, 2011, 03:40 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

On Sat, 05 Mar 2011 09:44:21 -0500, Charles
wrote:

In article ,
wrote:

She would be able to say that anyway. Her mother is a pilot for a
major airline, and as I said, she's already been to Cozumel, the
Bahamas (several times including on cruises), London, Paris, Costa
Rica and many places in the US.

It does not sound like the itinerary would matter that to her much
then. Pick one with comfortable weather.

he reason I want to take a cruise is for my comfort. I'm just no
longer able to hike (or even walk much), or schlep luggage (not to
mention packing and unpacking).

I recall the problems you posted about on your last cruise. You should
consider getting a scooter. I know several people with them and it
makes a big difference for what they are able to do.

I have been considering it. . I'm thinking of renting one for the
upcoming grandchild cruise. I am not sure whether to get a self
propelled one or one that someone pushes. Our friend says his is hard
to use on the carpet in the ship - much easier on hard floors
Old March 7th, 2011, 03:39 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gadget World

If I were your grandchild I'd carry you myself for a luxury cruise.

You are a wonderful woman who wants to do everything for your
grandchildren, but who is going to spoil them after you?

Gadget

Old March 12th, 2011, 04:21 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Carol Eskra

I worked with a girl whose father was a big executive and she was sent
to a boarding school in London. Twice a yr. the family would sail on the
Queen Mary first class, and this girl was burned out on cruises. She had
photos of herself sitting on Bob Hope's lap as a toddler!

Old March 12th, 2011, 07:55 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Gadget World

Nowadays Bob Hope would be accused of being a child molester, and would
probably be sent to prison for 30 years-Unless he gave the kid's family
a few million $$$.