Wife and I tentatively planning Norwegian of America cruise out ofHonolulu early 2012. Comments and experiences appreciated,

Old June 1st, 2011, 10:16 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
PJ O'Donovan HimSelf

Default Wife and I tentatively planning Norwegian of America cruise out ofHonolulu early 2012. Comments and experiences appreciated,

Wife and I tentatively planning Norwegian of America cruise out of
Honolulu early 2012. Comments and experiences appreciated,

Thanx
Old June 1st, 2011, 10:43 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

Default Wife and I tentatively planning Norwegian of America cruiseout...

Did the NCl cruise out of hawaii,and we prefer another cruise line,do
not really like NCL, They do not cater to you like the other cruise
lines,in our thoughts after 51 cruises,we will never cruise ncl again.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old June 1st, 2011, 11:09 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Chrissy Cruiser[_3_]

On Wed, 1 Jun 2011 14:16:47 -0700 (PDT), PJ O'Donovan HimSelf wrote:

Wife and I tentatively planning Norwegian of America cruise out of
Honolulu early 2012. Comments and experiences appreciated,

Be sure you are willing to put up with what many consider horrendous
service. NCL never has gotten their act together especially on their
Hawaiian circuits.

It's a long, long way from Charleston to the islands to be
disappointed.
--
http://www.scroogle.org/gifs/evo16.gif
Old June 1st, 2011, 11:19 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
PJ O'Donovan HimSelf

On Jun 1, 5:43*pm, (Surfer E2468) wrote:
Did the NCl cruise out of hawaii,and we prefer another cruise line,do
not really like NCL, They do not cater to you like the other cruise
lines,in our thoughts after 51 cruises,we will never cruise ncl again.

* * * * * cruise lover(~~~~~)

.

We did RCL to the Caribbean out of Port Caneveral, Freedom of the Seas
in Dec 2011 and loved it. Based on accents all non Americans as crew.
Our head waiter was Filipino and service and food was superb in formal
dining room where we had all meals.

Guess it woildn't be as good on NCL out of Honolulu?

Thanx.
Old June 2nd, 2011, 11:21 AM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Goomba

PJ O'Donovan HimSelf wrote:

We did RCL to the Caribbean out of Port Caneveral, Freedom of the Seas
in Dec 2011 and loved it. Based on accents all non Americans as crew.
Our head waiter was Filipino and service and food was superb in formal
dining room where we had all meals.

Guess it woildn't be as good on NCL out of Honolulu?

Thanx.

I've never heard anything good about NCL if that matters at all?
I've never cruised on them, nor will I.
Old June 2nd, 2011, 03:02 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

wrote:

Wife and I tentatively planning Norwegian of America cruise out of
Honolulu early 2012. Comments and experiences appreciated,

I did that cruise in 2010 because I had to go during school vacation
and there were no other cruises to Hawaii at that time.

I was pleasantly surprised. The housekeeping department was
under-staffed and we couldn't get into our room until very late on
embarkation day. He also didn't get to us until late every day.

But I was expecting surly uncooperative service, and that wasn't the
case. The food was OK, the itinerary was what I wanted, and I liked
the excursions.
Old June 2nd, 2011, 05:42 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Janet Wilder

wrote:

Wife and I tentatively planning Norwegian of America cruise out of
Honolulu early 2012. Comments and experiences appreciated,

I did that cruise in 2010 because I had to go during school vacation
and there were no other cruises to Hawaii at that time.

I was pleasantly surprised. The housekeeping department was
under-staffed and we couldn't get into our room until very late on
embarkation day. He also didn't get to us until late every day.

But I was expecting surly uncooperative service, and that wasn't the
case. The food was OK, the itinerary was what I wanted, and I liked
the excursions.

I have two friends that did that cruise on two different occasions.

One friend, who only cruises Carnival, found it to be the worst cruise
she ever sailed on. She reported that the housekeeping was horrible and
that her cabin was filled with not only their own dirty linens but those
from other cabins. She said the food was terrible and the crew poorly
trained and surly. She vowed never to take another NCL cruise.

The other friend, who has cruised Carnival, Princess, HAL and Royal
Caribbean, didn't think the cruise was all that bad. She did remark that
the housekeeping was somewhat sub-standard, but she enjoyed the food and
the entertainment. When asked if she'd take another NCL cruise, she said
she preferred Princess and Royal so she probably wouldn't unless the
itinerary and price were extraordinary.

I'm going to Hawaii in April, 2012 on Celebrity. It's a 15 day cruise
from San Diego to San Diego. I would much rather relax on sea days than
sit on a plane for 6 hours each way, but I have the time and the means
to do that.

--
Janet Wilder
Way-the-heck-south Texas
Old June 2nd, 2011, 07:34 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
[email protected]

wrote:

[...]

I have not cruised on Carnival yet but we are going on one in November

The other friend, who has cruised Carnival, Princess, HAL and Royal
Caribbean, didn't think the cruise was all that bad. She did remark that
the housekeeping was somewhat sub-standard, but she enjoyed the food and
the entertainment.

I forgot to say that my grandson loved the shows (I've stopped going
to shows because I'm editing photos, but in this case he came back and
told me every joke that the comedians told and so I didn't need to go
myself)

When asked if she'd take another NCL cruise, she said
she preferred Princess and Royal so she probably wouldn't unless the
itinerary and price were extraordinary.

I do not like RCI - I've been on two of their ships and didn't like
either one. The food is OK although I really dislike having to do a
buffet in the main dining room at breakfast and lunch, but I don't
like the rooms. Have not done Princess yet.

I'm going to Hawaii in April, 2012 on Celebrity. It's a 15 day cruise
from San Diego to San Diego. I would much rather relax on sea days than
sit on a plane for 6 hours each way, but I have the time and the means
to do that.

I would prefer to do it that way too, but it wasn't available in June,
and I didn't want that many sea days with a grandchild.
Old June 2nd, 2011, 10:14 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

We cruised NCL 3 times,each time thinking it would get better on
different ships , but instead got much,much worse,will not cruise
NCL even if the cruise was free.

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..

Old June 2nd, 2011, 10:16 PM posted to rec.travel.cruises
Surfer E2468

Am sure you will enjoy HAL We did it on princess and it was wonderful

cruise lover(~~~~~)

..