Tasers NEVER killed Anyone

Old November 22nd, 2007, 11:19 PM posted to van.general,can.general,bc.general,rec.travel.usa-canada
sharx35

Default Tasers NEVER killed Anyone

"Smells like Poutine" wrote in message

"Dave Smith" wrote in message

Bull****. If you'd just been tased twice, and had 3 large officers
kneeling
on your back and neck, would you struggle to breathe, or would you lay
still?

Most people lay after being zapped with a taser.

That's not what I asked.
Would YOU lay still if you'd been zapped twice and had 3 officers on top
of
your back and neck, and you couldn't breathe.

The public sees a man fighting for his life.
You cops see a man fighting.

You are displaying the same lack of common sense and narrow view that the
4 murderer RCMP officers did that day.

99% of the time, in the past, I have supported the police in such incidents.
However, in the case being discussed, I believe that the authorities erred
in most aspects, e.g. at the time, the cover-up and the present.

Old November 23rd, 2007, 12:39 AM posted to van.general,can.general,bc.general,rec.travel.usa-canada
Daniel MacKay

It turns out that there is a 100% mortality rate following tasering.

Every person who gets tasered, dies.
Old November 23rd, 2007, 12:52 AM posted to van.general,can.general,bc.general,rec.travel.usa-canada
Dave Smith[_2_]

Smells like Poutine wrote:

That's not what I asked.
Would YOU lay still if you'd been zapped twice and had 3 officers on top of
your back and neck, and you couldn't breathe.

The public sees a man fighting for his life.
You cops see a man fighting.

The public sees that? I would dispute that. The man who was taking the
video commented "Wow. He is still fighting..."
Old November 23rd, 2007, 01:11 AM posted to van.general, can.general, bc.general, rec.travel.usa-canada
Jim Davis[_1_]

On Nov 22, 6:52 pm, Dave Smith wrote:
Smells like Poutine wrote:

That's not what I asked.
Would YOU lay still if you'd been zapped twice and had 3 officers on top of
your back and neck, and you couldn't breathe.

The public sees a man fighting for his life.
You cops see a man fighting.

The public sees that? I would dispute that. The man who was taking the
video commented "Wow. He is still fighting..."

Dispute it all you want.

http://tinyurl.com/2nxrnq

Old November 23rd, 2007, 01:27 AM posted to van.general,can.general,bc.general,rec.travel.usa-canada
Smells like Poutine

"Dave Smith" wrote in message
Smells like Poutine wrote:

That's not what I asked.
Would YOU lay still if you'd been zapped twice and had 3 officers on top
of
your back and neck, and you couldn't breathe.

The public sees a man fighting for his life.
You cops see a man fighting.

The public sees that? I would dispute that. The man who was taking the
video commented "Wow. He is still fighting..."

Oh my, that's so clever Dave. Did your official Police training include
how to avoid answering a simple, direct question?

I'll take your refusal to answer as a "no".

If you were tasered twice, and had 3 officers kneeling on your back and
neck, you'd do just as Robert did - struggle to breathe.

It's not called resisting arrest, it's called "trying to breathe". Do you
get it?

You smug, arrogant cops are all the same in this. You refuse to allow the
possibility of ANY wrongdoing here. The 4 RCMP officers did everything
perfectly, there were no mistakes made at all, it was all Robert's fault, he
couldn't breathe? Too bad.

Old November 23rd, 2007, 02:12 AM posted to van.general,can.general,bc.general,rec.travel.usa-canada
Dave Smith[_2_]

Smells like Poutine wrote:

That's not what I asked.
Would YOU lay still if you'd been zapped twice and had 3 officers on top
of
your back and neck, and you couldn't breathe.

The public sees a man fighting for his life.
You cops see a man fighting.

The public sees that? I would dispute that. The man who was taking the
video commented "Wow. He is still fighting..."

Oh my, that's so clever Dave. Did your official Police training include
how to avoid answering a simple, direct question?

I'll take your refusal to answer as a "no".

Hopefully, it taught me not to fall for stupid word traps.
I can't honestly say because my behaviour has never been so bizarre that
the police have come to arrest me and had to use a taser on me.

If you were tasered twice, and had 3 officers kneeling on your back and
neck, you'd do just as Robert did - struggle to breathe.

It's not called resisting arrest, it's called "trying to breathe". Do you
get it?

What you seem not to get, since you are relying on a particular video, and
a part in the video where the view is obstructed by other people and
barriers, is that the person who was there taping it and viewing it live
said quite clearly that the guy was still fighting the cops, not that he
was fighting to breathe.

You smug, arrogant cops are all the same in this. You refuse to allow the
possibility of ANY wrongdoing here.

That is not accurate. I was refuting the claims made here so many times
that the man was not violent, because he clearly was, and that the officers
did not follow their training, because they very clearly were. We have a
lot of people who have never taken the training saying that they did not
act according to the way they were trained to, and people who have taken
the same training accepting that they acted exactly the way they are
trained. I would suggest that a person who has been through the training
would be a better judge of how closely their actions followed their
training than someone who has never been through it and who does not even
know about the use of force continuum and where taser is recommended.

The 4 RCMP officers did everything
perfectly, there were no mistakes made at all, it was all Robert's fault, he
couldn't breathe? Too bad.

People make mistakes. I don't know how many times these same four officers
have had to respond to a situation like this. It is likely that they
quickly formulated a plan based on the information they had, to get this
guy under control, handcuffed and out of there. You should also bear in
mind that this was not a situation where a single officer was dispatched,
or even two, but apparently warranted the dispatching of four officers.
The victim was a big guy, obviously very strong, and very agitated.

Arrange to take the course and tell me where the strayed from procedures.
Old November 23rd, 2007, 02:30 AM posted to van.general,can.general,bc.general,rec.travel.usa-canada
Smells like Poutine

"Dave Smith" wrote in message
Smells like Poutine wrote:

That's not what I asked.
Would YOU lay still if you'd been zapped twice and had 3 officers on
top
of
your back and neck, and you couldn't breathe.

The public sees a man fighting for his life.
You cops see a man fighting.

The public sees that? I would dispute that. The man who was taking the
video commented "Wow. He is still fighting..."

Oh my, that's so clever Dave. Did your official Police training include
how to avoid answering a simple, direct question?

I'll take your refusal to answer as a "no".

Hopefully, it taught me not to fall for stupid word traps.
I can't honestly say because my behaviour has never been so bizarre that
the police have come to arrest me and had to use a taser on me.

That's far from a stupid word trap. It's a direct question that you refuse
to answer.
If you had just been tased twice, and had 3 officers kneeling on you in a
manner that made you stop breathing, would you struggle or would you not
struggle?

Dave Smith, an RCMP officer, you're such a blatant liar it's not even funny.

If you were tasered twice, and had 3 officers kneeling on your back and
neck, you'd do just as Robert did - struggle to breathe.

It's not called resisting arrest, it's called "trying to breathe". Do
you
get it?

What you seem not to get, since you are relying on a particular video, and
a part in the video where the view is obstructed by other people and
barriers, is that the person who was there taping it and viewing it live
said quite clearly that the guy was still fighting the cops, not that he
was fighting to breathe.

How convenient, when the video shows clear evidence of something that is
damaging to the lies that the RCMP are trying to get the public to buy, you
say "you can't trust the video" but when a bystander says "he's fighting
them" you take that as gospel when it's obvious Robert is only struggling to
breathe.

Why is it obvious that he's struggling to breathe? Answer: because he went
unconscious right afterwards.

Keep trying Dave, you're not even close.

Old November 23rd, 2007, 04:33 AM posted to van.general,can.general,bc.general,rec.travel.usa-canada
roight!

more than 26 seconds worth

"Dave Smith" wrote in message

Greg Carr wrote:

That was the lamest struggle I have ever seen. The police didn't get
their
clothing torn or their hair messed up.

How many broken bones, teeth or cuts and scratches do you think they have
to acquire before they can use force?

Old November 23rd, 2007, 02:05 PM posted to van.general,can.general,bc.general,rec.travel.usa-canada
Dave Smith[_2_]

Smells like Poutine wrote:

That's far from a stupid word trap. It's a direct question that you refuse
to answer.
If you had just been tased twice, and had 3 officers kneeling on you in a
manner that made you stop breathing, would you struggle or would you not
struggle?

It ranks up there with "When did you stop beating your wife?".

Dave Smith, an RCMP officer, you're such a blatant liar it's not even funny.

An RCMP officer? I am not, never was.

What you seem not to get, since you are relying on a particular video, and
a part in the video where the view is obstructed by other people and
barriers, is that the person who was there taping it and viewing it live
said quite clearly that the guy was still fighting the cops, not that he
was fighting to breathe.

How convenient, when the video shows clear evidence of something that is
damaging to the lies that the RCMP are trying to get the public to buy, you
say "you can't trust the video" but when a bystander says "he's fighting
them" you take that as gospel when it's obvious Robert is only struggling to
breathe.

Why did you put quotes around "you can't trust the video". Those were not
my words, not even a paraphrase of what I said. Is your argument so weak
that you have to lie about what I said? I said that you were counting on
a point on the video where the view of the victim and the officers is
obscured by a security guard standing between the camera and the incident
and by a physical barrier. There is nothing obscured in the cameraman's
comment. While the image of the struggle is poorly lit and partly
obstructed, the witness, who was watching it live commented that he was
still fighting them off, not fighting for breath.
Old November 23rd, 2007, 05:14 PM posted to van.general,can.general,bc.general,rec.travel.usa-canada
Smells like Poutine

"Dave Smith" wrote in message
Smells like Poutine wrote:

That's far from a stupid word trap. It's a direct question that you
refuse
to answer.
If you had just been tased twice, and had 3 officers kneeling on you in a
manner that made you stop breathing, would you struggle or would you not
struggle?

It ranks up there with "When did you stop beating your wife?".

You can't even answer a simple question.
If you had 3 officers kneeling on your back and neck, would you lay still,
or would you struggle to breathe.

I can't believe you're so scared to answer that question, you're a pathetic
coward Dave Smith.

Dave Smith, an RCMP officer, you're such a blatant liar it's not even
funny.

Why did you put quotes around "you can't trust the video". Those were not
my words, not even a paraphrase of what I said. Is your argument so weak
that you have to lie about what I said? I said that you were counting on
a point on the video where the view of the victim and the officers is
obscured by a security guard standing between the camera and the incident
and by a physical barrier. There is nothing obscured in the cameraman's
comment. While the image of the struggle is poorly lit and partly
obstructed, the witness, who was watching it live commented that he was
still fighting them off, not fighting for breath.

Okay, you're just being ridiculous here, I put quotes around that because I
was paraphrasing your statement:

since you are relying on a particular video, and
a part in the video where the view is obstructed by other people and
barriers,

I'm saying we all see Robert with 3 officers kneeling on him, we see him
fighting, we all see him stop moving and know he went unconscious right
afterwards, and later died. What is there to argue?
You would have us hear someone's statement "he's fighting them" and put more
stock in that, than the FACT that we know he was struggling to breathe. I
can't beleive you're disputing that. You still think he wanted to fight the
officers? You believe he was trying to fight and injure 4 armed men, as big
as he was, instead of struggling to breathe?

How is someone - at the time - supposed to know if someone is fighting with
officers, or fighting to breathe? You can't know that, we know it now
though, because went limp and later DIED. Get it dumbass?

It's been over a month since this happened. The RCMP were very willing to
LIE their faces off to the public right afterwards. They've had a whole
month to try and come up with an explanation of why they attacked a man who
showed no violent or dangerous behaviour to 4 officers - all just as big as
he is - in an empty room.

You know why they haven't come up with an explanation, and why they keep
saying "wait until the inquest" and hoping the outrage will die off? Take a
big guess, they have no explanation.

Remember how badly the RCMP lied about this, they wouldn't have had to lie
so badly if they weren't caught making such bad mistakes that they HAD TO
lie that badly. About FIVE different aspects of the incident.