JCB card acceptance in Vancouver

Old July 28th, 2004, 06:42 PM
Clint

Default JCB card acceptance in Vancouver

Retailers that accept American Express should be able to take JCB cards as
well. Amex has a partnership with JCB and they take each other's numbers.
The retailer might not display a JCB logo or even know about the Amex
partnership but it does exist. Try contacting Amex to confirm this.

Clint
--
Free Spirit Gallery - Exquisite Inuit (Eskimo) & Native American Indian Art
http://www.FreeSpiritGallery.ca

Old July 29th, 2004, 06:56 PM
Mel3k

"Clint" wrote in message .. .
Retailers that accept American Express should be able to take JCB cards as
well. Amex has a partnership with JCB and they take each other's numbers.
The retailer might not display a JCB logo or even know about the Amex
partnership but it does exist. Try contacting Amex to confirm this.

Clint

Just did a search online and Amex's site and found thier announcement
(http://home3.americanexpress.com/cor...jcb-launch.asp) I
was actually thinking about this too as both JCB and Amex cards start
with the number 3 and somehow they might be interchangable. Either
way, I guess I'll play it safe and get a Visa card too as it's
"Vancouver's best way to pay" according to tourism people the-P
Old July 29th, 2004, 08:52 PM
Not the Karl Orff

(
http://home3.americanexpress.com/cor...jcb-launch.asp) I
was actually thinking about this too as both JCB and Amex cards start
with the number 3 and somehow they might be interchangable. Either
way, I guess I'll play it safe and get a Visa card too as it's
"Vancouver's best way to pay" according to tourism people the-P

I would say so. The smaller less-touristy establishments often don't
take AmEx.