(South) Western Australia....

Old November 19th, 2003, 04:19 PM
SportChick

Default (South) Western Australia....

All excellent recommendations by Gerrit. We did virtually that very trip.
Esperance was a jewel! Be sure you take the Great Ocean Drive (not to be
confused with the Great Ocean Road).

I'll admit we never did figure out why "Conspicuous Cliff" was conspicuous,
but hey, it was beautiful. And if you're a surfer, take along a board. You
won't regret it!

I could go on and on, but it's all right here on our website...you can read
(and see the photos) for yourself. (Starting around Jan 5):
http://www.kirkanddonna.com/rtw/January03.htm

I hope you have a great trip! It was a beautiful part of Australia and we
loved it and the people there!

Donna

"Gerrit 't Hart" wrote in message
. au...

"Anette" wrote in message
After several visits on the east coast, it might be time to check out

the
west a bit... Am looking for HEAT, so I guess February is the time? But
besides touring a bit from Perth, we might be looking for a beach area

with
a bit of "slow resort ambience" to just soak up sun and do pretty much
nothing...

All other recommendations from the SA border all the way up to and

around
Shark Bay also very welcome...

Thanks,

Anette (clueless and blonde are my middle names, and I just can't face
another guidebook right now)

If you are coming into WA from South Australia by road I would turn left
(southwards) at Norseman and spend a few days in Esperance (beautiful
beaches esp. Cape Le Grande Nat Park). Then westwards to
Albany (beaches and coastal scenery)
Denmark (beaches - incl William Bay), (Peaceful Bay and Conspicuous Cliff)
Walpole (treetop walk in Valley of the Giants)
Pemberton (Karri forests and lookout tree climbs)
Augusta (where Indian Ocean meets Southern Ocean)
Margaret River (coastal scenery, caves, wineries, eyc. spend a week in

this
area at least)
Busselton (beaches)
Mandurah (pretty town on estuary mouth)
Perth (what more need I say)

North of Perth in February generally too hot so I don't suggest you go
there.

Have a good trip!
Let us know how you went.

Gerrit