(South) Western Australia....

Old November 19th, 2003, 04:22 PM
SportChick

Default (South) Western Australia....

Well, I agree about Margaret River...it is fantastic. But also, check out
Fremantle...it's just a bit south of Perth. We particularly enjoyed the
tour around the Fremantle Prison, which amazingly, closed only 12 years ago,
despite having no indoor plumbing!! The entire town is quite charming and
there's a lot of historic sites to see. Don't miss it, either on your way
DOWN the coast, or on your way back up.

Donna
http://www.KirkandDonna.com

"Henry" wrote in message
"Anette" wrote in message

After several visits on the east coast, it might be time to check out

the
west a bit...

We're in a (slightly) similar situation. We'll be in Perth in
mid-November on business. Our responsibilities will be concluded by
Friday evening, but our plane doesn't leave until late Sunday night. We
would like to get a rental car on Saturday morning and drive, in a
leisurely manner, for the better part of the day, arriving late
afternoon or early evening at some nice place to stop for the night.
Sunday, we would make our way back to Perth, preferably by a different
route, and proceeding directly to the airport upon reaching the city.

Any suggestions?

cheers,

Henry