Teaching english in Thailand

Old November 8th, 2003, 06:10 AM
Display Name

Default Teaching english in Thailand

Does anyone know what the average number of hours a prospective teacher of
English in Bangkok might expect to work each week?
Thanks!

Old November 8th, 2003, 06:43 AM
Lawrence

Display Name wrote:

Does anyone know what the average number of hours a prospective teacher of
English in Bangkok might expect to work each week?
Thanks

Language schools= 20-25 hours per week, on average, but sometimes considerably
more...

Universities= Minimum of 9 teaching hours per week, at last report. (Thais
are paid min. 300 baht per hour over 9 hours (under govt. regs), Contract (FT)
Farangs usually teach 9- 15 hours per week without any extra compensation.)
Part-time Farangs teach up tp 15 hours per week, in most universities. Part
time pay runs from 250 baht per hour (cmu) to 1200 baht per hour (Mahidol
University International Program-- On Buddhamonthon sai 4...off the hiway to
Nakon Prathom from the Pinklao bridge.A very nice gig.) The average is 300-400
baht per hour, from what I've seen. CMU has always paid the least of any
university I've heard of...

Lawrence

Old November 10th, 2003, 02:41 AM
Biker

Originally posted by Display Name

Does anyone know what the average number of hours a prospective
teacher of

English in Bangkok might expect to work each week?

Thanks!

Dunno...but...I would like to know what qualifications someone would
need to teach English?

I would like to pick up some employment in Bangkok after I marry there
in January.

Thanks

Old November 10th, 2003, 07:51 AM
Michael Christoffersen

"Biker" wrote in message

Dunno...but...I would like to know what qualifications someone would
need to teach English?

Hi

Check out www.ajarn.com.

Cheers
Michael Christoffersen

Old November 10th, 2003, 10:11 AM
Biker

Originally posted by The Man

On Mon, 10 Nov 2003 02:41:03 +0000, Biker

wrote:

Originally posted by Display Name

Does anyone know what the average number of hours a

prospective

teacher of

English in Bangkok might expect to work each week?

Thanks!

Dunno...but...I would like to know what qualifications someone

would

need to teach English?

I would like to pick up some employment in Bangkok after I marry

there

in January.

Have you actually checked the requirements for living in Thailand now

?

Another dreamer

-

Noooo...but......don't the changes to the immigration laws take
effect next year around May sometime??

Plenty of time I hope!!

Old November 10th, 2003, 12:03 PM
Vincent Mahoney

The only "qualification" you need to have is to have a little
knowledge of English and you MUST have Snow White skin.