Flights UK to Australia August 2007

Old December 25th, 2006, 12:42 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
bb

Default Flights UK to Australia August 2007

Hi

I am looking for advice re finding flights to australia in august 2007.
Staying near brisbane most of the time.
Anyone know of GREAT FARES from uk - manchester / liverpool are our
nearest airports.
Wanting to visit relatives in melbourne possibly - do you have any
advice re travelling to melbourne from brisbane?
Can you give me any tips / hints regarding possible stop-overs on the
flight to Australia?
Any other advice welcome - this will be our first visit.

Regards
bb

Old December 25th, 2006, 01:39 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
bb

John H schrieb:

If flying into Brisbane, might be worth looking to see what Emirates have.
John H

Dear John

Thanks for your quick reply! I had a look but it came out at just over
1,000 GB pounds each - hoping for a better fare yet to divert a little
more to eating out fund!!

Best wishes
bb

Old December 26th, 2006, 09:30 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
John H

Cheapest maybe Garuda Indonesia if they fly to UK.
Otherwise the main ones are Qantas/BA, Singapore, Thai, Malaysian, Virgin
Atlantic via USA etc.
John H

"bb" wrote in message
ups.com...

Old December 28th, 2006, 10:51 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
bb

Dear John

Thanks for your suggestions. It's helped me to find flights at just
under GBP 750 - which I think is quite good for aug, going to brisbane,
returning from melbourne.

Anybody think I can do better still please let me know quick!

Thanks again and best wishes

bb

Old December 30th, 2006, 12:05 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
[email protected]

Im in australia now and flew over with Qantas. My return flight cost me
860 pounds but that includes two seperate flights home (sydney-bangkok
and then bangkok to london) so I can spend a month in thailand. My
friend, however, got a return flight at the end of november for 667
pounds. Im sure if you booked in advance and were flying in august you
could get something even cheaper.

http://www.qantas.co.uk

Another reason that we flew with Qantas is that they allow you to
change your flight dates (for a fee) should this be required. Other
flight operators sometimes dont allow this. This helped me because I
booked well in advance and couldnt book the correct return date as it
was more than a year ahead. I will need to change the flights but it
should only cost about 130 pounds for the two. For a single flight (inc
stop over) it would only cost 65 pounds.

Anyway, Im not too sure about brisbane. If not, I would spend a short
time in sydney and then spend about a week travelling up the east coast
to brisbane stopping at some of the spectacular sights along the way.
Hope this helps.

Burnsy

Old December 30th, 2006, 12:10 AM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
[email protected]

Hi again,

Sorry, meant to also mention that I dont know if a qantas flight would
fly from manchester but as i am from Scotland I had to fly Glasgow to
London Luton. It cost 22 pounds for an easyjet flight and then 18
pounds for a bus to heathrow T4. 40 pounds in total might be a cheaper
alternative than the extra flying for another airpost. Frankfurt is
also a popular airport for departures over this way.

Old January 1st, 2007, 03:07 PM posted to rec.travel.australia+nz
bb

Dear burnsy

Checked these out but nothing available cheaper - but thank you very
much for your suggestions.

As we are still waiting to hear from our exchange partners there's
still time to suggest links to fares better than GBP 750 to me...

Rgds Brigitte