getting Euros

Old August 26th, 2005, 11:04 PM
Timothy Kroesen

Even though you've proven yourself wrong in that policy?

Tim K

"DDT Filled Mormons" wrote in
message ...
On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 20:48:29 GMT, "Timothy Kroesen"
wrote:

Now you Europeans are finally getting it! A good tip can save you

money
in the entire scheme of things...g

Remember that thread just last year where tipping was denounced by
nearly everyone here???

I'm not European, and I still think tipping is a load of ****, and
very rarely do it.
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com

Old August 27th, 2005, 01:37 AM
pisces143 pisces143 is offline
Member

Location: Connecticut

[quote=bill frogg]Here's my method; I get about USD 100 in Euros from a currency exchange
bureau, not a bank (banks are sooo completely clueless about small
foreign currency transactions} I use AFEX here in SF.

So, naive question, perhaps, but what is a currency exchange bureau and how do I go about finding one? Your strategy sounds good (and we'll report the largest Euro amount that gets change for a beer in Germany.)

Pisces
Old August 27th, 2005, 08:48 AM
tim \(moved to sweden\)

"quiqueg" wrote in message
Tim Challenger wrote in
news:1125054432.1ab6329f88e17897ce558487133f3330@t eranews:

surprisingly - German

this might have to do with the fact that Austria was compelled by EU
regulations to stop admission exams to univesities,

This can't be the whole story. UK universities still have
admission exams and no EU regulation has stopped them

tim

thus causing a flood of
German students to immigrate

--
QQG

Old August 27th, 2005, 12:34 PM
DDT Filled Mormons

On Fri, 26 Aug 2005 22:04:19 GMT, "Timothy Kroesen"
wrote:

Even though you've proven yourself wrong in that policy?

No I haven't, I have proven myself right.

Ok, where do we go from here?
--
---
Old August 27th, 2005, 06:52 PM
Frank F. Matthews

Martin wrote:

wrote:

Even though you've proven yourself wrong in that policy?

No I haven't, I have proven myself right.

Ok, where do we go from here?

Ever decreasing circles?

One way to finally get to a point.

Old August 27th, 2005, 07:57 PM
Des Small

DDT Filled Mormons writes:

Tell me, how should one deal with a chronic top-poster?

Put 'im in a killfile and just ignore 'im
Put 'im in a killfile and just ignore 'im
Put 'im in a killfile and just ignore 'im
Ear-lie in the morning

Des
Old August 27th, 2005, 08:32 PM
DDT Filled Mormons

wrote:

Even though you've proven yourself wrong in that policy?

No I haven't, I have proven myself right.

Ok, where do we go from here?

Ever decreasing circles?

One way to finally get to a point.

Tell me, how should one deal with a chronic top-poster?

A number of us have asked him nicely, but it had no effect.
--
---
Old August 28th, 2005, 03:35 AM
randee

wrote:

Even though you've proven yourself wrong in that policy?

No I haven't, I have proven myself right.

Ok, where do we go from here?

Ever decreasing circles?

One way to finally get to a point.

Tell me, how should one deal with a chronic top-poster?

A number of us have asked him nicely, but it had no effect.

To me if you have to worry about top or bottom posting you are taking
computers entirely too seriously. I personally rather prefer the top
posting so that one does not have to bother to pour through a thread. I
should note, that I date from the period in computer communication when
you could only post, there was no such thing as top or bottom posting
because you could not include the previous post in your response. I
wonder if that may still not be best. I think top posting may still be
the default when using 'vi' to generate responses (although I haven't
used the workstation for that in many years now).
--
wf.