Vancouver, BC

Old May 3rd, 2005, 12:47 AM
Newby

Default Vancouver, BC

Would appreciate any suggestions for things to do and see in Vancouver in
June. I have found some interesting things through google but thought I
would ask this group for some recommendations.

Thanks for any help

Old May 3rd, 2005, 01:36 AM
Uncle Peter

"Newby" wrote in message
Would appreciate any suggestions for things to do and see in Vancouver in
June. I have found some interesting things through google but thought I
would ask this group for some recommendations.

Thanks for any help

Did you try this site?

http://www.sealetter.com/archives/ports.html

Pete

Old May 3rd, 2005, 02:24 AM
Newby

" Uncle Peter" wrote in message

"Newby" wrote in message
Would appreciate any suggestions for things to do and see in Vancouver

in
June. I have found some interesting things through google but thought I
would ask this group for some recommendations.

Thanks for any help

Did you try this site?

http://www.sealetter.com/archives/ports.html

Pete

No, I had not tried this site but will now. Thank you for the suggestion.

Old May 3rd, 2005, 03:23 AM
Jean O'Boyle

"Newby" wrote in message
Would appreciate any suggestions for things to do and see in Vancouver

in
June. I have found some interesting things through google but thought
would ask this group for some recommendations.

Thanks for any help

Vancouver is a lovely city with very friendly people..Some of the links
below may help you find your way around.
I am a flower lover and this city has them in abundance!

http://www.tourismvancouver.com
http://www.seestanleypark.com/
http://www.vancouver.hm/

Below is a page from Frommers that was sent to me that you might also find
useful!
Enjoy your stay in Vancouver!

--Jean

Old May 3rd, 2005, 06:04 AM

I think they are in reference to the Butchert(hope I spelled it right)
Gardens and all I can see is WOOOOW. Of course that is coming from
someone with a chocolate brown thumb.

Michael

Newby wrote:
Thanks for the suggestion aout the gardens. Do they have a name or

you
referencing gardens in general?

Old May 3rd, 2005, 02:21 PM
Don & Lynn

One of my most favorite places. We were there last Sept and spent 2 nights
at the Pan Pacific hotel, which is right on the cruise terminal pier, called
Canada Place.. The hotel and the pier were really great. There are 3 or 4
cruise ships there every day and there is a wonderful promenade where you
get a close look at the ships. We saw 11 ships before we sailed on the third
day. Another treat was that Princess picked up our bags at our room and a
Princess person checked us in the hotel lobby, no lines. When the time came
to board, we got on the elevator in the lobby and went down to the terminal
level and boarded the ship. And of course, there were great views from our
hotel room.
Have a great trip.
Don

Old May 4th, 2005, 11:04 AM
loonyhiker

We took the ferry across to North Vancouver and there was a wonderful market
right there at the ferry. We also took the bus to Lynn Canyon which is not
widely publicized. It is like the Capilano Bridge but this is free.