Automobile clubs in Europe

Old June 28th, 2005, 02:03 AM
Steadylee

Default Automobile clubs in Europe

Hi All;

I am a member of CAA (same as AAA in America). Does anyone know if
there are associations in France, Spain or Switzerland who will honour
my CAA cards with maps and guides?

Thanks in advance.

Lee

Old June 29th, 2005, 03:03 AM
Steadylee

I did, but the ladies in the location had no ideas. They suggested the
interenet. Any help would be appreciated.

Lee

Old June 29th, 2005, 08:03 AM
Tim Challenger

On 27 Jun 2005 18:03:55 -0700, Steadylee wrote:

Hi All;

I am a member of CAA (same as AAA in America). Does anyone know if
there are associations in France, Spain or Switzerland who will honour
my CAA cards with maps and guides?

Thanks in advance.

Lee

This might help:

http://www.caa.ca/e/about/affiliation.shtml

It's a member of the AIT:
http://www.aitgva.ch/Web/Formulaire_...em-fia.nsf/ait

and the FIA:
http://www.fia.com/thefia/Membership...ex_europe.html

--
Tim C.
Old June 29th, 2005, 11:26 AM
Mini One

Tim Challenger wrote in
news:1120028548.9a218da7021eb0f224a836df03253e51@t eranews:

On 27 Jun 2005 18:03:55 -0700, Steadylee wrote:

Hi All;

I am a member of CAA (same as AAA in America). Does anyone know if
there are associations in France, Spain or Switzerland who will honour
my CAA cards with maps and guides?

Thanks in advance.

Lee

This might help:

http://www.caa.ca/e/about/affiliation.shtml

It's a member of the AIT:
http://www.aitgva.ch/Web/Formulaire_...em-fia.nsf/ait

and the FIA:
http://www.fia.com/thefia/Membership...ex_europe.html

The Swiss auto club is TCS (Touring Clube Suisse - www.tcs.ch) which seems
to be a member of this AIT which you mention above. Not sure what this AIT
is.

Anyway, the TCS website has good information. I'm not sure the TCS provides
maps like one would get from C/AAA. I've never seen this offered but maybe
I don't read the documents they send me close enough.

Old June 29th, 2005, 01:51 PM

Steadylee a =E9crit :
Hi All;

I am a member of CAA (same as AAA in America). Does anyone know if
there are associations in France, Spain or Switzerland who will honour
my CAA cards with maps and guides?

Thanks in advance.

Lee

My experience is limited to AAA and Swiss Touring Club
and already a few years old, but I doubt providing maps
the way AAA does is part of the touring club services
here in Europe. At best, some maps are sold at special
prices.

Swiss Touring Club www.tcs.ch for example is providing
a large number of services to club members, such as
insurances, travel arangements, discount agreements for
a few other services, road information, help on the road
in case of car/bike problems but I have never seen in
their offices free maps and tourist guides as friends
used to get from their AAA office

Old June 29th, 2005, 02:39 PM
Jordi

Steadylee ha escrito:
Hi All;

I am a member of CAA (same as AAA in America). Does anyone know if
there are associations in France, Spain or Switzerland who will honour
my CAA cards with maps and guides?

The Spanish club is RACE (www.race.es) they are members of ARC, but
have no idea of what will you get.

There is also the RACC (Catalonia Automobile Club www.racc.es) that is
actually bigger than RACE.

Hope it helps,

J.

Old June 30th, 2005, 04:30 AM
poldy

wrote:

Hi All;

I am a member of CAA (same as AAA in America). Does anyone know if
there are associations in France, Spain or Switzerland who will honour
my CAA cards with maps and guides?

Ask the CAA.

You should be able to get maps from the AAA before you leave.
Old June 30th, 2005, 06:24 AM
Hatunen

On Wed, 29 Jun 2005 20:30:27 -0700, poldy wrote:

wrote:

Hi All;

I am a member of CAA (same as AAA in America). Does anyone know if
there are associations in France, Spain or Switzerland who will honour
my CAA cards with maps and guides?

Ask the CAA.

You should be able to get maps from the AAA before you leave.

AAA maps of European areas are a different thing than maps got on
the spot there; I find them usable only for large scale
plannning. Michelin makes good maps, and has rather good regional
atlases.