Be careful! this week ROME weather

Old June 27th, 2005, 11:54 PM
Italian Job

Default Be careful! this week ROME weather

If you or someone you know is coming to Rome this week, i suggest you to
take care about TOTALLY AWFUL HOT TEMPERATURE!!!
Tomorrow and until friday it's going to be the hottest days, i suggest you
to bring loads of water, always wear a hat and make loads of stops at
fountains.
The meteo service says the temperature can reach 48 degreees C, and the
humidity makes everyting even more unberable.

(pity for me, these days i'm working at taking building measurements under
this hell of a sun! and believe me every 5 minutes i had to put my head
under the water tap!)

CIAO!!!
LauraFromRome

Old June 28th, 2005, 12:05 AM
Robert J Carpenter

"Italian Job" wrote in
message ...

The meteo service says the temperature can reach 48 degreees C, and

the
humidity makes everyting even more unberable.

That MUST be in the sun. Hard to believe that any place so close to
sea could be that hot in the shade. Sea temp must be in low to mid
20s.

Anyhow, "take care" sounds like good advice.

Old June 28th, 2005, 12:08 AM
Frank F. Matthews

Strange, my weather service says a nice cool 33 degrees Celsius.
Certainly cooler than the 35 & 36 in which I was hauling bags of mulch
to try to keep the ground moisture up. Despite the high humidity we've
had a dry month.

Old June 28th, 2005, 06:19 AM
Deep Foiled Malls

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 00:54:02 +0200, "Italian Job"
wrote:

If you or someone you know is coming to Rome this week, i suggest you to
take care about TOTALLY AWFUL HOT TEMPERATURE!!!
Tomorrow and until friday it's going to be the hottest days, i suggest you
to bring loads of water, always wear a hat and make loads of stops at
fountains.
The meteo service says the temperature can reach 48 degreees C, and the
humidity makes everyting even more unberable.

(pity for me, these days i'm working at taking building measurements under
this hell of a sun! and believe me every 5 minutes i had to put my head
under the water tap!)

I have some friends staying here in Milan at the moment, and they
can't believe it. Matter of fact, neither can I. 35 deg with high
humidity, meaning that you sweat even after a cold shower no matter
how little clothing you wear.

But then, the aircon is a saviour...
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old June 28th, 2005, 03:33 PM
EvelynVogtGamble(Divamanque)

Magda wrote:

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 23:08:15 GMT, in rec.travel.europe, "Frank F. Matthews"
arranged some electrons, so they looked like this :

... Strange, my weather service says a nice cool 33 degrees Celsius.
... Certainly cooler than the 35 & 36 in which I was hauling bags of mulch
... to try to keep the ground moisture up. Despite the high humidity we've
... had a dry month.

"Nice and cool 33 degrees" Fahrenheit, you mean !

33°C is pure misery.

I think he was considering its relative "coolness" compared
to 35 and 36 C. ;-) (I know I was miserable in Brussels last
week - I had been following the weather reports prior to my
departure, which showed much cooler temperatures - I hadn't
bargained on a heat wave, so my wardrobe was inappropriate.)

Old June 28th, 2005, 03:45 PM
Frank F. Matthews

Magda wrote:
On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 23:08:15 GMT, in rec.travel.europe, "Frank F. Matthews"
arranged some electrons, so they looked like this :

... Strange, my weather service says a nice cool 33 degrees Celsius.
... Certainly cooler than the 35 & 36 in which I was hauling bags of mulch
... to try to keep the ground moisture up. Despite the high humidity we've
... had a dry month.

"Nice and cool 33 degrees" Fahrenheit, you mean !

33°C is pure misery.

Nope. I would have liked it to be that cool for the work I have been
doing outside. At least yesterday we had a shower to cool it off for a
couple of hours. It's 30 now in the morning and heading up. And close
to the ocean as well. You need to be really close to the water for that
to help.

Old June 28th, 2005, 05:45 PM
Deep Foiled Malls

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 16:30:56 +0200, Martin wrote:

On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 10:10:21 +0200, Magda ? wrote:

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 23:08:15 GMT, in rec.travel.europe, "Frank F. Matthews"
arranged some electrons, so they looked like this :

... Strange, my weather service says a nice cool 33 degrees Celsius.
... Certainly cooler than the 35 & 36 in which I was hauling bags of mulch
... to try to keep the ground moisture up. Despite the high humidity we've
... had a dry month.

"Nice and cool 33 degrees" Fahrenheit, you mean !

33°C is pure misery.

If the humidity is low 33DegC can be quite pleasant.

Yeah... (

*cries*
--
---
Old June 28th, 2005, 08:36 PM
Runge

Oooh evleth has competition
he wont like that, there is only one and only !

message de news: ...

Old June 28th, 2005, 08:44 PM
Frank F. Matthews

Martin wrote:
On Tue, 28 Jun 2005 10:10:21 +0200, Magda ? wrote:

On Mon, 27 Jun 2005 23:08:15 GMT, in rec.travel.europe, "Frank F. Matthews"
arranged some electrons, so they looked like this :

... Strange, my weather service says a nice cool 33 degrees Celsius.
... Certainly cooler than the 35 & 36 in which I was hauling bags of mulch
... to try to keep the ground moisture up. Despite the high humidity we've
... had a dry month.

"Nice and cool 33 degrees" Fahrenheit, you mean !

33°C is pure misery.

If the humidity is low 33DegC can be quite pleasant.

It is better this afternoon. Temp is down to 34 with the humidity only 40%.