Teaching english in Europe with no degree but TEFL certificate?

Old January 15th, 2006, 03:38 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Default Teaching english in Europe with no degree but TEFLcertificate?

DDT Filled Mormons writes:

People do that. It's called "straight edge", and it's really lame.

It has always worked for me.

Just demonstrates ones lack of self control to the point where total
abstinence is the only option for them.

There are many things in life that are far more pleasant and
interesting than drug abuse. If someone is that anxious to escape the
constraints of this mortal coil, why does he stay?

Old January 15th, 2006, 03:39 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

DDT Filled Mormons writes:

That coupled with your shyness and poor people skills presumably.

Shyness is a factor, but given the obstacle of ugliness, it really
doesn't matter. If I were nice looking, shyness would not get in the
way.

The poor people skills are largely a result of extremely limited
socialization, plus a naturally introverted nature. But here again,
this wouldn't make much difference if it weren't for the most salient
obstacle.

Old January 15th, 2006, 03:40 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Martin writes:

Unless he has been a virgin in every incarnation.

Typically the later incarnations are the ones that involve long-term
virginity.

Old January 15th, 2006, 03:52 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 15:45:12 +0100, Martin wrote:

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 15:33:35 +0100, DDT Filled Mormons
wrote:

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 14:01:21 +0100, Martin wrote:

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 12:35:42 +0100, DDT Filled Mormons
wrote:

In Europe I would vote for the Swiss in this regard. Worldwide it's a
competition between the Japs and the Chinese.

Nissan in UK outstripped NIssan in Japan productivity a decade ago
already.

How?

by working harder and faster. Simple or what?

No seriously, how?

That was the serious answer.

Yeah, pig's arse!

I have worked in England and there is no way you guys work harder and
faster than the Japanese. I suspect there are other much more
significant reasons.
--
---
DFM - http://www.deepfriedmars.com
Old January 15th, 2006, 04:15 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Earl Evleth writes:

Everybody lies about sex in any case, even the President.

What did Chirac say about sex? I thought the Frenchy-French were
strickly "don't ask, don't tell"?

Des
Old January 15th, 2006, 04:16 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

Martin wrote:

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 16:38:00 +0100, Mxsmanic
wrote:

[]
There are many things in life that are far more pleasant and
interesting than drug abuse. If someone is that anxious to escape the
constraints of this mortal coil, why does he stay?

The latest UK craze is sniffing nitrous oxide.

I didn't know it was a UK craze. A friend of mine died from this almost
a decade ago. He was an American, and living in the US.

--
David Horne- http://www.davidhorne.net
http://homepage.mac.com/davidhornecomposer http://soundjunction.org
Old January 15th, 2006, 04:18 PM posted to rec.travel.europe

DDT Filled Mormons wrote:

On Sun, 15 Jan 2006 16:18:06 +0100, Mxsmanic
wrote:

David Horne, _the_ chancellor of the duchy of besses o' th' barn and
prestwich tesco 24h offy writes:

Keep telling yourself that. I've met enough couples, of known
individuals who were particularly lucky in love, to make me think that
physical attraction is not always the most important factor. And I'm not
talking about money either.

Spare me the pep talks; I got tired of those long ago.

You truly seem to believe than God came down and shat on you, eh!

He also seemed to believe I was interested in giving him advice on the
issue!